[NEohioPAL] Audition Notice - "The Language Archive" on Sat., April 22 from 10am-2pm

Clague Playhouse clagueplay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 07:03:41 PDT 2023

*AUDITIONS:*
*The Language Archive*

by Julia Cho
Directed by Craig Joseph
A play with both laughter and tears, that engages the head and the heart.

*Auditions:* Saturday, April 22nd from 10am - 2pm at Clague Playhouse

*Show Dates:* January 25 - February 11, 2024 / Rehearsals will begin in
mid-December 2023
on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8pm and Sunday at 2pm

*Story: * George is a man consumed with preserving and documenting the
dying languages of far-flung cultures. Closer to home, though, language is
failing him. He doesn’t know what to say to his wife, Mary, to keep her
from leaving him, and he doesn’t recognize the deep feelings that his lab
assistant, Emma, has for him.

*“A very stimulating new play … preoccupied with matters of linguistics
and, more specifically, about how we all take a leap of faith every time we
open our mouths … Haunting.” (Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune) **“**Uniquely
blends absurdist farce with sentimental comedy.” (LA Times)*

*Characters: *Actors of all races & gender identities are encouraged to
audition.
*GEORGE: *a linguist, a man in his thirties or forties
*MARY: *George’s wife, a baker, a woman in her thirties or forties
*EMMA: *a lab assistant, a woman in her twenties or thirties
*ALTA: *an old woman (also plays Language Instructor, Passerby, and
Conductor)
*RESTEN:* an old man (also plays Old Man, Passerby, and Zamenhof)

To sign up for an audition slot, please send an e-mail of interest to
craigjose at gmail.com.  If you have a headshot and resume, please attach them
in the e-mail; if not, we can take your picture at the audition. Also,
include your availability on April 22 between 10am-3pm. Once your e-mail is
received, we will confirm with an audition time and some sides from
the script to prepare for the audition. If you can’t make the date, a video
submission is possible.
Clague Playhouse is located at 1371 Clague Road, Westlake, Ohio 44145.

Clague Playhouse, Inc.

1371 Clague Road

Westlake, OH 44145

news at clagueplayhouse.org