[NEohioPAL] Casting Female and Non-Binary Performers for Jesus Christ SuperStar

Denise Astorino denise.willowsedgecreations at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 07:45:35 PDT 2023

*Willow's Edge Creations *

Willow's Edge Creations is a new theatrical venture started by Mary Miller
and Denise Astorino. We strive to produce theatre where artists are free to
explore roles beyond the ways in which those roles may have traditionally
been cast.  Named for Mother Willow at Edgewater Park, we bend and we flow
with the changing world, but we dig deep into the ground and stand strong.
We are here in harmony with our surroundings to tell stories and gather
those to us in community.

We are producing the long running rock musical
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

*by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.*

*Producers: Mary Miller and Denise Astorino*

*Directed by: Denise Astorino*

*Choreographer: Andrea Belser*

*Lighting Designer: Jesse Guccini*

*REHEARSALS*

begin August 14th and will generally run Mon-Friday (*no Thursdays until
tech*) evenings 6:30-9:30/10:00 PM.  Some Saturday morning rehearsals will
be from 11-1:30/2:00. Not every actor will be called to every rehearsal,
and we will try to honor all conflicts if they are stated upfront.

*PERFORMANCES*

 Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, September 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and
October 5, 6, 7 at Disciples Church Cultural Arts Center.

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*CASTING*

*ALL ROLES ARE OPEN TO:*

Females (cis and trans) and afab non-binary performers of all ethnicities,
over the age of 18 (or 16+ with signed guardian agreement) with strong
vocals and singing abilities. Must move well.

*Please note…we encourage members of both the LGBTQ+ community as well as
allies to audition!*

*AUDITIONS *(by appointment only)

*Wednesday April 26 and Thursday April 27 *

Disciple’s Church Cultural Arts Center,

3663 Mayfield Rd, Cleveland Heights.

For an audition appointment time:

Please email Denise Astorino at Denise.Willowsedgecreations at gmail.com

*TO PREPARE*

·       SONG: 16-32 bars of an up-tempo contemporary musical selection,
which must be recorded and brought with you, either as an mp3 on a flash
drive or on your phone, or a cd. We will have a laptop and speaker to
assist you.  NO A CAPPELLA SINGING.

·       MONLOGUE: A 1 min (MAX) contemporary monologue.

·       Headshot and resume if available

·       Please come prepared with ALL EXISTING CONFLICTS

*CALLBACKS *

will be held Saturday April 29th from 10am-1pm. If called back, please come
prepared for movement.

* -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*PAYMENT: *

All involved with Willow’s Edge Creations are paid a stipend on closing
night.

*CHARACTER LIST **ALL ROLES OPEN EXCEPT JUDAS.*

All roles can be played by any ethnicity, body type, etc.  If age range is
a consideration, it is listed.

*The vocal ranges listed are when they are traditionally cast, but it gives
an idea of what we will be looking for.*

·       *JESUS*: ROCK SINGER PLAYS 30-35,

·       *MARY MAGDALENE*: POP SINGER- low G# to B. CAN BE PLAYED: 18-50 ANY

·       *PONTIUS PILATE*: Roman Governor- low A to Bb. low G# to B. CAN BE
PLAYED: 25-70+

·       *CAIAPHAS:* High Priest of the Pharisees- low C to middle F. CAN BE
PLAYED: 25-70+

·       *ANNAS*: Fellow priest at the side of Caiaphas high tenor or
counter tenor. Tenor (G2-D5)  CAN BE PLAYED: 25+

·       *PETER*: Part of the twelve. CAN BE PLAYED: 18+

·       *KING HEROD:* King of Galilee low B to high B. CAN BE PLAYED: 25+

·       *SIMON:* Part of the twelve.  STRONG SINGER. CAN BE PLAYED: 18+

*PLEASE NOTE THAT PERFORMERS MAY BE CAST PLAYING MULTPLE ROLES OF THE
FOLLOWING CHARACTERS: *

*APOSTLES *– All vocal ranges. CAN BE PLAYED: 18+, ANY ETHNICITY or BODY
TYPE

·       *JAMES & JOHN*: Siblings.

·       *ANDREW, PHILIP, MATTHEW, THOMAS, JAMES, THADDEUS*

·       *ENSEMBLE *will play Priests, Soul Girls, Followers of Jesus,
Lepers, Cured Lepers, Merchants, Soldiers, Judas’ Tormentors, Reporters &
Temple Ladies. All strong singers who will have solo singing lines and many
feature moments. All vocal ranges who can move CAN BE PLAYED: 18+

To Schedule an audition time please email:

DENISE ASTORINO at Denise.willowsedgecreations at gmail.com