[NEohioPAL] Ongoing Paid Acting Gig for Edutainment Theatre Piece

Craig Joseph craigjose at gmail.com
Thu May 11 06:42:07 PDT 2023

GETTING TO WE <https://gettingtowe.org/> is an organization dedicated to
the work of equity, diversity, and inclusion generally, and to helping
Black and White people build, develop, and maintain cross-racial
friendships and relationships over time. The founder, Dr. Deborah Plummer,
has recently developed a theatrical piece, *To My White Friends Who Know Me*,
based on her book, that consists of three short vignettes that run about 80
minutes in total. The piece premiered at Karamu House in November to sold
out houses and is now entering its second phase of life. The "edutainment"
piece will travel to corporations, churches, community centers, and more
where it will serve as the starting point for conversations that Dr.
Plummer and her team will facilitate with leaders, employees, congregants,
and more in each of these locations. Some of these outings will be local,
some will be around Ohio, and some will be out of state. Here's a sampling
of what is already booked, and more is coming.

June 14-17: Cleveland School for the Arts
> September 9-10: Cleveland Forest Hills Church
> October 7-8: Coral Gables (Miami), FL
> November 3-4: Sheffield Lake, OH

Some of the original cast members are still involved, but the reality is
that not everyone will be able to do all of the booked dates, so Getting to
We is recruiting two or three more actors for each role, so that we have a
full team of actors and can get all of these dates filled. *At this time,
we are seeking to cast Black men and women of any age.*

Team members will receive $22/hour for rehearsals and will all get a chance
to learn the show; brush-up rehearsals before each performance will be paid
at the same rate. Each performance will pay $200 - and travel (plus lodging
and meals when it's out of state) will be covered. Once we form the team,
we'll go through all the dates and figure out who's doing which dates.

If you're interested in being considered:

   1. *Confirm that you are definitely available for the June 14-17 dates;*
   we will check availability for other dates later.
   2. Send a headshot and resume *by EOD on Tuesday, May 16th *to
   craigjose at gmail.com.
   3. I will follow up then to schedule and confirm.

Feel free to reach out to craigjose at gmal.com with any questions. Thanks in
advance for your submissions!