[NEohioPAL] A Choral British Invasion!

Western Reserve Chorale westernreservechorale at gmail.com
Tue May 30 09:52:16 PDT 2023

Please join the singers of the Western Reserve Chorale on Sunday, June 4th
at 3:30 pm. Church of the Gesu, 2470 Miramar Blvd., University Heights.

The final concert in the Western Reserve Chorale’s 31st season will welcome
a British invasion of choral music, featuring compositions and lyrics which
derive from the expansive history of the choral traditions from the British
isles. The Chorale will share songs of the land, whether Over Hill, Over
Dale (a setting of Shakespeare’s ‘Midsummer Night’s Dream’; or the sun
setting on the silver shores of the Northern Land as set by Edward Elgar.
There will be songs of those that “sail the ocean blue’ (Gilbert and
Sullivan) and Vaughan Williams setting of the folks song The Dark Eyed
Sailor. The Chorale will take either the high or low road to Scotland to
the shores of Jonathan Quick’s Loch Lomond and then catch the boat to the
Isle of Skye (in a setting of the Scottish folk tune now better known as
the theme to The Outlander television series). Perhaps you’ll catch a whale
of a tale in a sea shanty from down under, or be carried away by the antics
of The Owl and the Pussy-cat sailing away in their beautiful pea-green boat.
However you choose to travel, whether by Land or Sea (though we recommend
the land route), we hope you will join us at Church of the Gesu in
University Heights on Sunday, June 4th at 3:30 pm, on our many musical
adventures around the British Isles and beyond.
If Land or Sea are not good options for you, find your way to our YouTube
channel for the livestream.
Free and open to the public. Donations are gratefully accepted.
More information and streaming link available at
https://www.westernreservechorale.org/performances
<https://www.westernreservechorale.org/performances?fbclid=IwAR00CjstXNohFIytkv02kGSCHK8oJbv6eii3gqq6UePV991yuRQ26eZFsRU>

Stacy Newman
Executive Director