[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre & SumMedia Production Present IN OUR OWN WORDS : EPISODE THREE, IN PERSON!!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Sat Jun 17 13:16:10 PDT 2023

*Ensemble Theatre* in collaboration with *SumMedia Productions* presents:
*IN OUR OWN WORDS, OUR STORIES, OUR VOICES: EPISODE THREE. *
Two Short Plays with Big Themes. One weekend only! June 30th-July 2nd,
2023!

*IN OUR OWN WORDS : OUR STORIES, OUR VOICES,* is a series that Nicole
Sumlin (SumMedia Productions) along with Ensemble Theatre Executive
Artistic Director Celeste Cosentino started VIRTUALLY during the COVID-19
pandemic. This series focuses on short plays that take on big themes,
sharing the black experience with Cleveland audiences.
*This year will be our THIRD EPISODE of this amazing series, and will be
our FIRST IN PERSON presentation of these works!!*

*This year's Episode includes:*
*TEENA WITH TWO E's* by* Jocelyn Bioh *
Based on "Crumbs From the Table of Joy" by Lynn Notttage, this short
play gives a sneak peek into the Crump family on the verge of an important
introduction. From award winning Ghanaian-American writer/performer from
New York City, “Teena” gives audiences a chance to see the intricacies of
family ties, and the anticipation of what is in store for Sylvie and Mina
when their father returns home from 6 months away.
*ALL THE FLOWER HAVE DIED* by *Johnathan L. Jackson*
After all the flowers have died, the cards have stopped coming, and you're
all out of tears, MALIK is left alone to tend to the final affairs of a
father he never knew. When his mother, JANELL decides to help him, she
catches the brunt of his grief as he lashes out over unanswered questions.
What unfolds is an honest and fiery conversation about the roles
patriarchy, personal perspectives, and respectability politics play in how
we share truths and how we form identity.

Both Pieces are Co-Directed *by Nicole & Eugene Sumlin*
Starring these amazing local actors:* Christina Johnson, Zyrecee
Montgomery, Drew Pope, Andrea Belser McCormick, & Carl Walton.  *

June 30th-July 2nd, 2023.
In our new location in South Euclid!
*Notre Dame College** :: Administration Building :: **Performing Arts
Center*
4545 College Rd. :: South Euclid, OH 44121

Visit:* https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/in-our-own-words-3*
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/in-our-own-words-3> for more
information!
*Run Time* :: Approximately 30minutes. (There is a brief change over
between productions).
*Content Advisory:* This productions contain some *strong language*
*Friday & Saturday* @7:30pm. *Sundays* @2:00pm.

*$15 Friday & Saturday. $10 Sunday.  Pay What You Can (at the door) one
hour before each performance. Free for Ensemble Theatre Members.  **JOIN
US, for post show talkbacks! Come out and support these amazing artists! *
*Chocolate Covered Strawberries on Friday June 30th! *

*For Tickets* :: 216-321-2930 :: tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
*Online*: *https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/in-our-own-words-3*
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/in-our-own-words-3>

*Here is a link to DIRECTIONS to our new location
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/contact/directions>.*
Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

* *Please note we are not in the Regina Auditorium.  *
**All Ensemble staff and performers have been fully vaccinated. *

*Join us for our third episode of the amazing series!! *

*We are so thankful for the Notre Dame College community and for the
completion of our first full season in our new home!! *
*We look forward to seeing you in our audience! *
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/>*