[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS - Peter and the Starcatcher - Blank Canvas Theatre

info blankcanvastheatre.com info at blankcanvastheatre.com
Wed Jul 19 21:43:53 PDT 2023

Blank Canvas Theatre

Auditions for

PETER AND THE STARCATCHER

by Rick Elice

Music by Wayne Barker

Based on the Novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Sign Up: Email Patrick at blankcanvastheatre.com to sign up for the below date. If you cannot make auditions, you can submit a video audition.

Audition Dates: Monday July 24 & Tuesday July 25th

Time: 7:00pm

(All actors are asked to arrive at 7pm. If you cannot make it at 7pm, please inform us in your email.)

What to prepare: Readings will be from the script. Prior preparation is not required. A headshot and resume is appreciated but not required.   To view audition sides CLICK HERE.<http://www.blankcanvastheatre.com/audition-sides/peter-and-the-starcatcher/>

*Audition sides DO NOT need to be memorized. Copies will be provided at auditions. The link is just to help you be more comfortable in your audition. We WILL NOT read for every role or side.

Performance Dates: August 25 - September 9. Shows will be Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8pm. Sundays at 7pm

Rehearsals: Will begin July 31 and will be Sunday-Thursdays. Typically, 7pm-10pm Monday-Thursday and Sundays 6pm-10pm.  This is only a 4 week rehearsal period.

Pay: Blank Canvas Theatre dedicates 20% of the net profit to the cast of each show. The cast splits this evenly.

*At this time there are no AEA Contracts for this show. But we may entertain the option if needed.

Audition Location:

Blank Canvas Theatre

1305 W78th Street, Suite 211 (at 78th Street Studios)

Cleveland, OH 44102

The Story

A wildly theatrical, hilarious and innovative retelling of how a miserable orphan came to be The Boy Who Never Grew Up, Peter and the Starcatcher upends the century-old legend of Peter Pan. Based on the best-selling Disney-Hyperion novel, the play features a dozen actors portraying more than 100 unforgettable characters and uses their enormous talent, ingenious stagecraft and the limitless possibilities of imagination. Don't miss this epic origin story of one of popular culture's most enduring and beloved characters and discover the Neverland you never knew.

Character Breakdown

This is a play with music. Not all actors will be required to sing in the show. Please note that the roles of Molly, Black Stache, Mrs. Bumbrake, and Smee all have their own song in the show.

Since this production requires high creativity and imagination, ALL ROLES are open to ANY age, gender, and race.

Though, we are looking to cast actors over 18 years of age, we may make an exception for certain roles.

CLICK HERE for a list of characters in the show. <http://www.blankcanvastheatre.com/peter-starcatcher-auditions/>