[NEohioPAL] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: THE MILLENNIAL THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS THE AREA PREMIERE OF THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL THIS WEEKEND AND NEXT AT THE YOUNGSTOWN PLAYHOUSE!

The Millennial Theatre Company millennialtheatrecompany at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 08:56:37 PDT 2023

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 24, 2023

* The Millennial Theatre Company To Perform the Area Premiere of The
SpongeBob Musical at The Youngstown Playhouse!*

*YOUNGSTOWN, OH *– The Millennial Theatre Company (MTC) will perform *The
SpongeBob Musical *at The Youngstown Playhouse, Friday July 28 and Saturday
July 29 at 7:30pm, Sunday July 30 at 2:30pm, Friday August 4 and Saturday
August 5 at 7:30pm, and Sunday, August 6 at 2:30pm.

When the citizens of Bikini Bottom discover that a volcano will soon erupt
and destroy their humble home, SpongeBob and his friends must come together
to save the fate of their undersea world. With lives hanging in the balance
and all hope lost, a most unexpected hero rises up to prove that he is not
just a simple sponge. Featuring original songs by Aerosmith, Sara
Bareilles, Cyndi Lauper, John Legend, Panic! At the Disco, David Bowie, and
more! This exciting new musical features irresistible characters and
magical music, and is sure to make a splash with audiences young and old.
The future is bright, the future is bold, the future is The SpongeBob
Musical!

Director Joe Asente says that this is, by far, the largest production MTC
has ever produced, “This show features a massive Broadway-caliber set
designed by Broadway designer Nate Bertone, lavish costumes, and a talented
cast that has to be seen to be believed. If there was one available inch in
The Playhouse, we filled it with something huge and exciting for this show!
We were able to let our imagination run wild and create something that is
fresh, colorful, new, exciting, and also familiar at the same time. The
wonderful thing about *The Spongebob Musical* is that there is something
for everyone. If you are a fan of the cartoon, there are many jokes and
references that will have you rolling on the floor. If you are someone who
has never seen the cartoon, the show is a completely original piece of
theatre that introduces you at the ground level and takes the *Spongebob*
franchise to new heights."

Asente continued that many people think that the humor in the *Spongebob*
cartoon is not their style, but he urges them to give the show a chance,
"As a kid who did not watch *Spongebob* when I was younger, I also had the
same thought of 'How on earth can they turn THAT into a musical?' when this
was announced for Broadway. However, after seeing it on Broadway, I was
blown away with the creativity, heart, and message that this show presents.
The musical is full of a message of hope and the power of positivity, and
audiences of all ages will enjoy this big, splashy, Broadway-style musical.
The show features everything from skating, to hip-hop, to tap, to
blacklight sponge choreography, and I do not think there is a better show
to bring your whole family to this summer than *The Spongebob Musical*!”

The cast includes Ty Hanes, Tyler Stouffer, Jacob Nash, Grayson McCrory,
George Maillis, Ryan Stewart, Kaleigh Ceci, Brianna Rae Quinn, Liz Amstutz,
Tyler Moliterno, Ben Doss, Daniel Chiaberta, Marissa Snyder, Ethan Blevins,
Natalina Kazimir, Lacey Farina, Lauren Engle, Halina Bakeris, Aubrey
Vernon, Trevor Patchen, Sam Campbell, Jackson Linko, Briana
Wagner-Matijevic, Mia Gagliano, Rebecca Williams, Heleena Thomas, Kady
McClain, and Kailey Meehan with direction by Joe Asente, music direction by
Anthony Ruggiero and choreography by Hannah Stephens and Aubrie Morrison.

Tickets range from $21-$25 and are available online at
www.millennialtheatre.org or at
https://experienceyourarts.org/Online/default.asp. Tickets can also be
purchased by calling 330-788-8739. For more information regarding this
performance please connect with MTC via Facebook, Instagram, (mtc_theatre),
or email millennialtheatrecompany at gmail.com. For promotional photos, please
click HERE
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WlBH6lTF2htMgJRbqrZdIGBddnSzw4LS?usp=sharing>
.

About the Millennial Theatre Company:
The Millennial Theatre Company (MTC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit theatre
company committed to producing theatrical experiences that reflect the
interests and experiences of the Millennial Generation. They aim to produce
generation relevant content through musicals, millennial-created and
written works, workshops, and other various theatrical experiences. For
more information, visit MTC’s website
millennialtheatre.org, as well as their Facebook and Instagram
(@mtc_theatre).

####