[NEohioPAL] voice acting fundamentals class!

Colors Audio colorsaudio at neohio.twcbc.com
Wed Aug 16 13:19:17 PDT 2023

Someone asked me what skills he would need in order to be a successful voice actor.  I wrote down a few:

Being directed; acting with no direction; analyzing a script for structure, tone, and understanding the audience, the need and the appeal; sight-reading; super-smile; familiarity with different v/o styles and understanding that the style may not be what you think it is; advanced (for the present day) knowledge of grammar, syntax and vocabulary; ability to read aloud in front of an audience or alone; breathing with support; control of resonance, pace, diction and dialect issues; evaluating your own performance - and more.

By sheer coincidence, these are some of the things we’ll hit in my Voice Acting Fundamentals Class!
It’ll run September 9 - October 14.

Cost: $750 plus tax.

35-year voice acting veteran and coach Dan Popp is hosting the Fall, 2023, Voice Acting Fundamentals class.

There will be six, 2-hour sessions at Colors Audio <https://www.colorsaudio.com/>, one of the area's premier commercial studios.  We'll meet from 2 - 4pm each Saturday.

In the voice acting arena you'll be auditioning against hundreds of others who (for the most part) aren’t going to put in the work.  And I would say that all, or nearly all, of that work happens before you open your mouth.

Please let me know right away if you're interested, or if you have questions!  Email colorsaudio at neohio.twcbc.com <applewebdata://D3F60B5C-1DA1-48A3-83A4-3A77C17610DF/colorsaudio@neohio.twcbc.com>.

If you're on the fence about taking this class, I highly recommend jumping on board should you be seriously ready to jump into the voiceover world! You'll learn so much in each session from Dan's years of experience. He's very down to earth and gives individualized advice. - David Thomas