[NEohioPAL] DIRECTORS NEEDED ($30 Per Hour) - Makeshift Theatre in Akron seeks directors for therapeutic programs

Eric Mansfield eric at ericmansfieldwrites.com
Sun Sep 17 19:37:08 PDT 2023

Makeshift Theatre in Akron is posting a call for directors to work in its Therapeutic Theater program.  Expand your skills and your horizons in this new, exciting field of theater arts by becoming a director of Therapeutic Theater.  Makeshift Theater is leading a collaborative effort to use dramatic performance in the treatment of those recovering from substance addition and serious trauma.

Working with Oriana House and 2nd Act, we will be hiring and training directors to work with selected participants in creating individual performances.  Training will be done by qualified drama therapists.  Makeshift will provide a performance area, equipment, props, costumes and sets.

This is a pilot program which will begin January, 2024 and conclude June, 2024.  Additional performances may be scheduled.

Directors will be paid an $30.00 an hour.

We are seeking 5-6 directors to receive the training and work with us as we expand beyond the pilot period. Training will begin in October, 2023 for three months.

Contact:

Jane Bond

bond.e.jane at icloud.com<mailto:bond.e.jane at icloud.com>

Makeshift Theater