[NEohioPAL] Kid's (8 thru 16) Auditions at Beck Center !!!

Scott Spence scottdavidspence at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 07:59:35 PDT 2023

*AUDITIONS: *

*Beck Center for the Arts* in Lakewood is pleased to announce *YOUTH
AUDITIONS* for our holiday production of "*Joseph and the Amazing
Technicolor Dreamcoat**"* to be produced on the Senney Main Stage during
the month of December.

For this production Beck Center is seeking 12 to 14 young performers *between
the ages of 8 and 16. Interested performers should also not be over 5’ 6”.*
The Youth Chorus in “*Joseph*…” is very active, participating in at least
half of the musical numbers vocally and are choreographed into the
reknowned Megamix at the end of the show, and possibly other areas as well.
They are onstage for most, if not all, of the show.

*This production is seeking young performers who move well, have good
singing voices, and are very focused. *

Appointments are being taken by calling the Beck Center Box Office at
*216-521-2540
x610* (or by stopping in). Appointment times will be available for *Saturday,
October 7th between Noon and 2PM or Sunday, October 8th between Noon and
2PM.* Callbacks will occur sometime during the weekend of October
14th/15th.

*What To Prepare*? For the initial audition we are asking for a 30 to 60
second memorized song. If you have sheet music in the correct key, please
bring it as an accompanist is provided. We will also allow “a capella”
(without sheet music) auditions.

*Performances* begin Friday December 1st and end Saturday, December 30th.
Performance dates are mainly Fri/Sat/Sun with a few Thursdays as well.
There are no performances Dec. 24/25/26/27, allowing for a window of time
for performers to travel if they wish. *Rehearsals* begin approx. October
21st. The Youth Ensemble will average 2-4 rehearsals per week (less early
on and more as opening draws closer).

Please address any questions you may have to Artistic Director Scott Spence
at his email: scotts at beckcenter.org

Staff for this production include Director Scott Spence, Musical Director
Larry Goodpaster, Choreographer Lauren Tidmore and Stage Manager Libby
White.