[NEohioPAL] Free Workshop: Accessibility Design for the Theatre

Heather Utsler-Smith admin at talespinnercle.org
Tue Oct 3 13:24:18 PDT 2023

FREE WORKSHOP: Accessibility Design for the Theatre

Talespinner believes that when we say “theatre is for everyone” that we
must put that into action through intentional design. With support from the
Ohio Arts Council and the Cleveland Foundation, we are hosting a free,
two-day workshop in accessibility design on October 7th and 8th, 2023, led
by experienced accessibility designer and Executive Artistic Director
Heather Utsler-Smith (breakfast and lunch included). This workshop will
provide participants with the opportunity to explore designing
accessibility for sensory friendly/relaxed performances, as well as for
blind and low vision and d/Deaf and hard of hearing audiences, with
practical application for Talespinner’s production of Stellaluna. The full
group of participants will be credited as designers for the show. The
combination of the two days will give a comprehensive introduction to
accessibility design, a chance to apply that knowledge, and the ability to
take that onward into future work in Cleveland and beyond. Participants in
this workshop who are interested can be placed under consideration for
accessibility designer positions at Talespinner – we are actively looking
for at least two accessibility designers for our 23-24 season. Register
TODAY at talespinnercle.org/adult-education

--
Heather Utsler-Smith
*She/Her/Hers*

78th St. Studios | 1305 W 80th St., Ste 214, Cleveland, OH 44102 |
talespinnercle.org