[NEohioPAL] Ensemble continues its 44th season with Fugard, Kani, & Ntshona's powerful THE ISLAND.

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Mon Oct 9 12:19:20 PDT 2023

*Ensemble Theatre *continues its 44th Season with another powerful two
hander...
*THE ISLAND*

*By Athol Fugard, John Kani, & Winston NtshonaDirected By Sarah May*

*F**eaturing the amazing talents of two local Cleveland actors ::*

*Robert Williams (as John) and Nnamdi Okpala (as Winston)*
John and Winston are black political prisoners in South Africa, spending
their days at hard labor and their evenings rehearsing Sophocles'
‘Antigone’. Though the two men are deeply bonded to one another, their
friendship is tested when John discovers that his most recent appeal was
successful, while Winston is still looking at years of brutal incarceration
ahead. A profile on the depth of human resilience in the face of
unspeakable injustice and racism.

*While “The Island” may have been fueled by the highly specific iniquities
of a now-dismantled political system, the play speaks to any place, any
culture, where liberties are at risk. -Variety.com*

October 27th- November 12th, 2023.
In our new location in South Euclid!
*Notre Dame College** :: Administration Building :: **Performing Arts
Center*
4545 College Rd. :: South Euclid, OH 44121

**Opening Night reception (10/27) Catered by The Little Grapevine!!*
Visit: *https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-island*
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-island> for more information!
*Run Time* :: Approximately 80mins. No intermission.
*Content Advisory:* This production contains* strong language *and* themes.*

*$15-$35*. *Fridays & Saturdays* @7:30pm. *Sundays* @2:00pm.
*Pay What You Can Opening weekend (10/27-10/29), & Sundays 11/5 & 11/12.*

*For Tickets* :: 216-321-2930 :: tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
*Online*: *https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-island*
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-island>

*Here is a link to DIRECTIONS to our new location
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/contact/directions>.*
Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

* *Please note we are not in the Regina Auditorium.  *

*We are so thankful for Notre Dame College and our supporters throughout
Northeast Ohio! Join the Ensemble today!*
*We look forward to seeing you in our audience! *
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/>*