[NEohioPAL] CPT's "Our Lady of Common Sorrows" Starts next week on Oct. 19th with Tickets Starting at $1 without handling fees!

Kim Furganson kfurganson at cptonline.org
Tue Oct 10 17:32:49 PDT 2023

Cleveland Public Theatre
presents
Our Lady of Common Sorrows<https://www.cptonline.org/performances/seasons/2023-2024/our-lady-of-common-sorrows/>
Written and Directed by Jaiie Dayo Aliya
October 19 - November 4, 2023
Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) presents the highly anticipated World Premiere of Our Lady of Common Sorrows by Jaiie Dayo Aliya. The play was a huge hit with audiences when it was presented in CPT's Test Flight 2023<https://www.cptonline.org/test-flight/>, an annual developmental program for writers of all levels.  Based on its successful performance during the initial 3-day run in Test Flight last January, Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan felt it was ready for a full run.
About the Play
Everyone has their idea about how 15-year-old honor student Indigo got pregnant, until the "psychic" customer of her aunt's drug-dealing boyfriend has a vision that she is going to give birth to the next messiah. World Premiere.
Featuring: Dar'Jon Bentley, Isaiah Betts, Cristal Christian, Lashawn Little, Royce The Voice Ruffin, Amy Spencer, Kynnedy, Ashley Aquilla.
Content Warning: Our Lady of Common Sorrows contains strong language, mentions question of a sexual assault of a minor, suicide and depictions of substance abuse.  For details or additional content, please contact the Box Office at 216.631.2727 x501 or by emailing boxoffice at cptonline.org<mailto:boxoffice at cptonline.org>.
Ticket and Show Information
Our Lady of Common Sorrows (October 19 to November 4, 2023) previews October 19 & 20, and press night is Saturday, October 21. The play is performed on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and one Monday at 7:00pm, and two Sundays at 3:00pm in CPT's intimate James Levin Theatre, located at 6415 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44102, in the heart of the Gordon Square Arts District.

Sundays are Covid-Conscious performances when patrons are required to wear masks. Click here<https://www.cptonline.org/plan-your-visit/> for all COVID-19 Safety Protocols.

Every Ticket is Choose What You Pay<https://www.cptonline.org/uncategorized/cleveland-public-theatre-announces-expanded-choose-what-you-pay-ticketing-practice/> starting at $1 and will be offered online, over the phone, and at the Box Office.

Purchase Tickets at www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org> or call the CPT Box Office at 216.631.2727 ext. 501. Reserve early! CPT never charges any ticket fees, ever.

The James Levin Theatre is ADA-compliant featuring a ramped entrance and an all-gender, wheelchair accessible restroom.

Special Ongoing Events During the Run

Opening Night - Ticket includes free admission to the post-show opening party with appetizers and beverages! Mingle with cast members!

Free Bev Friday - Ticket includes FREE post-show beverages! Following every Friday night performance.

NEW! Market Mondays <https://www.cptonline.org/performances/seasons/2023-2024/our-lady-of-common-sorrows/> -Ticket includes admission to pre-show pop-up market spotlighting local visual artists, retailers, entrepreneurs, and more! Beginning one hour prior to every Monday night performance. Our line-up of vendors includes these fabulous businesses Self Remedy<https://www.selfremedy.co/>, All Kreative Prints<https://allkreativeprints.com/>, and artist Lacy Talley, @talleymarxxandco.