[NEohioPAL] CPT and Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi Present "The Outstretched Hand" Nov. 16 thru Nov. 19 Back By Popular Demand!

Kim Furganson kfurganson at cptonline.org
Mon Oct 23 14:58:05 PDT 2023

Cleveland Public Theatre & مسرح كليفلاند العربي Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi
present
يد الوصال|The Outstretched Hand<https://www.cptonline.org/performances/seasons/2023-2024/the-outstretched-hand-%d9%8a%d8%af-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%88%d8%b5%d8%a7%d9%84/>
Created by ensemble members of
مسرح كليفلاند العربي Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi and Raymond Bobgan
Directed by Raymond Bobgan
November 16―19, 2023

ABOUT THE SHOW
Mira wants to move out of her parent’s home without losing her connection. Third Generation American Sami seeks travels overseas to connect with his roots. Hassan is breaking under the pressure of work, community commitments and his family needs here and overseas. These three young adults push against and pull towards their heritage, communities, and families, as they work towards becoming their full selves. The Outstretched Hand يد الوصال is about connections to our families, our heritage and ourselves.

Through Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi مسرح كليفلاند العربي, Arabic-speaking communities of Cleveland share vital, life-affirming stories celebrating family, dignity, and freedom of expression. These stories affirm a rich heritage and seek to move Cleveland to shed preconceptions and stereotypes and grow empathy and understanding. Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi مسرح كليفلاند العربي is open to all people who share a heritage from Arabic-speaking cultures with an interest in theatre regardless of experience.

“Now more than ever it’s very important for us Arabs to tell our stories. This play shines light and reminds us all that we are all part of a community. People may call us names or put us in boxes, but we are all human beings. We are people with dreams and struggles. We have families and we love. This play is about people who are trying to find themselves, to grow. The Outstretched Hand reminds us that we are all learning and growing, that we are all in the process of becoming.”  –Jamal Julia Boudiab, cast member The Outstretched Hand

ENSEMBLE MEMBERS:
Nadeen Abusada, Issam Boudiab, Jamal Julia Boudiab, Rita ElJamous, Beshoy Hanna, Shakeb, Julien, Danny Lahoud, Rana Samaan, Ahlem Zaaeed.

TICKET INFORMATION
7:30pm Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat and 3:00pm Sun, Nov 19, Gordon Square Theatre. Opening Night is Nov 16.

Doors open at 6:45pm
Thursday—Opening night with preshow reception at 6:45pm
Friday—Dessert and dancing after the show.
Saturday— Preshow light appetizer reception at 7pm.
Sunday―Doors open at 2:30pm, show begins promptly at 3pm. Audience Talk-back and closing performance reception after the show.

Tickets are Choose What You Pay from $1 to $40 at www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org/>, or at the box office at 216.631.2727 x 501. Shows will be performed in the Gordon Square Theatre which is ADA compliant featuring a ramped entrance and an all gender, wheelchair accessible restroom.