[NEohioPAL] Hiram College Looking for Technical Director

Brittany Jackson brittanyjackson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:03:21 PST 2024

Good morning, NEOhioPal Community,

Hiram College is in search of a technical director this spring (and possibly more long-term!)!

Duties include:

o    Teach one class—usually, we have PERF 17000 & 17900: Tech Production and the lab on the schedule for spring semester

o    Design lights and sets for the spring theatre production in our Renner Theatre (On the Verge, directed by guest director, Brittany Jackson – me!)

o    Assist student director, Grace Domabyl, with lights and “set” and maybe sound-for her one-act play in Hiram’s Showboat Theatre—play yet to be chosen.

o    Supervise work-study students in building the shows (usually about 5 students)

o    Supervise the students also working on the shows for credit: THEA 14700 (1 credit hour)

o    Serve as “Building Manager,” dealing with keys, helping students with access, and putting in any maintenance requests)

o    Working with Professor Betsy Bauman to maintain the budget for the set requirements.
Compensation is commensurate with experience!

If you are interested or have questions, please contact Professor Betsy Bauman (baumanea at hiram.edu<mailto:baumanea at hiram.edu>) ASAP!  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Brittany L. Jackson, Ed.D.