[NEohioPAL] Tickets on Sale: Seat of the Pants Presents THE THINGS I FORGOT

Craig Joseph craigjose at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:41:13 PST 2024

Seat of the Pants is excited to invite Northeast Ohio audiences to the
Midwest premiere of *The Things I Forgot, *written and performed by Ingrid
De Sanctis, running in a limited engagement - Friday and Saturday, January
19th and 20th at 7:30 PM and Sunday, January 21st at 2:30 PM - at the
Founders Hall Theatre of Malone University in Canton. Tickets are $25 and
can be purchased at thethingsiforgotsotp.eventbrite.com.

In *The Things I Forgot*, a preacher's daughter revisits her faith, her
family, and the victims of a sexual scandal, which tore her family apart
nearly 40 years before. Inspired by Ingrid’s own Pentecostal roots, this
solo show is a theatre experience that inspires and challenges audiences to
think about their own journeys through faith and family. Described as “part
performance installation, part movement, part storytelling”, *The Things I
Forgot* is a play about holding the truth, the weight of the truth, and the
sometimes-rocky road to coming to terms with that truth. And how we come to
faith, leave faith, and return to faith. Complete with 100 pairs of shoes,
abundant bouquets of flowers, and four chairs.

What makes this engagement extra special is that Ingrid is still developing
the piece, and will solicit feedback after each performance through
conversation with our audiences. So we heartily welcome all theatre makers
to join us in a dialogue with Ingrid that will help shape and guide her
next steps with the piece.

Hope to see you there!