[NEohioPAL] Seeking actors with disabilities for new play at Test Flight at CPT

Kari Barclay kari.barclay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:31:05 PST 2024

Hello, NEOhioPALians,

Seeking an actor for a new play, *How to Live in a House on Fire, *at Test
Flight, a new work development program at Cleveland Public Theatre. The
play tells the story of queer activism in Berkeley, CA in the 1970s and
uses it to interrogate our current dynamic of how we survive climate
change.

Show information:
As a queer couple sorts through their belongings to prepare for a wildfire
evacuation in California, they look back to their history and consider what
to take with them and what to leave behind. They remember the night they
first met at a queer commune in Berkeley, CA in 1970, when another fire
shook the community. Full script available on request.

Character:
DREW – grad student looking to care for others, 20s or 30s, written as a
wheelchair or cane user who participants in disability justice moments in
Berkeley, but can be rewritten for another actor with a disability. No
performance experience required. I'd like an actor from within the
disability community, and I am open to rewriting the role to fit a
performer's background.

If you're interested, email me at kari.barclay at gmail.com with your interest.

Best,
Kari Barclay
--
*Kari Barclay*
They/them

*"Maintenance: preserve the new; sustain the change; protect progress;
renew the excitement; repeat the flight; show your work--show it again;
keep the contemporary art museum groovy."--Mierle Laderman Ukeles*