[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Murder On The Orient Express

Kevin Cline kevcline at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 09:49:11 PST 2024

Independence Community Theater announces Auditions for
*Murder On The Orient Express *
by Ken Ludwig
Directed by Kevin Cline
Produced by Barb Sindyla

Auditions will take place on Sunday, February 18th between 2pm-5pm and
Monday, February 19th between 7:30pm-9pm at 6652 Brecksville Rd,
Independence, Ohio.

We believe theater is for everyone and strive for diversity and inclusion
in casting. We encourage actors of all ethnicities, races, gender
identities, ages, body types, and abilities to audition.

Follow the link to sign up for 1 of the 45 minute time slots and plan to
stay the entire time. There is no need to prepare anything as we will be
reading from the script.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4FA4A92AA7F5C61-47633238-auditions#/

*Synopsis*
Just after midnight, a snowdrift stops the Orient Express in its tracks.
The luxurious train is surprisingly full for the time of the year, but by
the morning it is one passenger fewer. An American tycoon lies dead in his
compartment, stabbed eight times, his door locked from the inside. Isolated
and with a killer in their midst, the passengers rely on detective Hercule
Poirot to identify the murderer – in case he or she decides to strike again.

*Characters*
*The part of Hercule Poirot has been precast. All other roles available. *

Monsieur Bouc: Male-presenting, 30-59 - Belgian accent
Mary Debenham: Female-presenting, 30-40 - English accent
Hector MacQueen: Male-presenting, 30-40 - Any accent
Michel the Conductor/Marcel: Male-presenting, 35-59 - French accent
Princess Dragomiroff: Female-presenting, 60-79 - Eastern European accent
Greta Ohlsson: Female-presenting, 25-60 - Swedish accent
Countess Andrenyi: Female-presenting, 25-39 - Hungarian accent
Helen Hubbard: Female-presenting, 40-65 - Minnesota accent
Colonel Arbuthnot: Male-presenting, 25-45 - Scottish accent
Samuel Ratchett: Male-presenting, 35-59 - American accent