[NEohioPAL] Hiring Teaching Artists at TCT

Rebecca Burcher rebecca at talespinnercle.org
Sat Feb 3 08:52:06 PST 2024

NOW HIRING – Hourly Teaching Artist

Reports to: Director of Education, Executive Director

Supervises: n/a

Compensation: $22/hr Teaching, $17/hr Assisting/Observing/Training

*TCT goal is to expand this position to a part time position

Availability:

TCT is looking to immediately hire:

   - Substitute Teaching Artists
   - Musical Theatre Teaching Artists
   - Bilingual or Multilingual Teaching Artists
   - AM & PM Teaching Artists for Spring Break Camps (Week of March 25th
   and week of April 1st)

 TCT is also looking to hire:

   - AM and PM Teaching Artists for Summer Break Camps
   - June 3rd-7th
   - June 10th-14th
   - June 24th-28th
   - July 8th-12th
   - July 22nd-26th
   - June 29th-August 10th

hours per week through the year of 2024.  TAs should be passionate
educators invested in inclusive teaching practices with flexible schedules
and a reliable method of transportation.  TCT has the stated goal of being
the most inclusive theater in Cleveland and TCT offers classes for students
ages 6 months – adults, so TAs should be comfortable teaching a range of
ages and abilities.  TAs should have a deep knowledge of several facets of
theater (acting, dancing, singing, costume design, directing, puppeteering,
etc.) and should be comfortable developing and implementing lesson plans in
those subjects.  As TCT continues to grow, we intend this to grow into a
part-time position, so we are looking for passionate and dedicated artists
to support us as our organization expands.

Roles & Responsibilities:

Teaching (85%)

   -

   TAs are responsible for teaching any TCT class they are qualified to
   teach (Musical Theater, Improvisation, Acting, Stagecraft, Puppetry, etc.)
   onsite or offsite.
   -

   TAs are responsible for lesson planning, instruction, class reflection,
   and data collection.
   -

      Curriculum plans will be provided by the Director of Education (DEd)
      with overall goals and objectives of the program, landmarks and suggested
      timelines of instruction, and suggested activities for the program.  TAs
      will be responsible for creating and implementing the lesson
plans for each
      session.  TAs will be trained with different examples of how to
structure a
      lesson within the TCT teaching philosophy.
      -

      TAs will be responsible for instruction of their lesson plans,
      including classroom management, behavior management, and general
      instruction.  TAs will be given support and resources to gain
skills in all
      of these expectations.
      -

      TAs will be responsible for reflecting on their class sessions to
      evaluate and make changes to their future lesson plans, classroom goals,
      classroom structures, and more.
      -

      TAs will be responsible for collecting data, feedback, and media
      content while teaching on and offsite.  TAs will be given instruction and
      resources to collect this information.
      -

   While on and offsite TAs will serve as representatives of TCT, and will
   uphold themselves to the values and views of the organization when working
   or networking as a representative of TCT.
   -

   At TCT we view Teaching Artists as professional artists who also are
   passionate and talented teachers.  As a result, we request that all of our
   Teaching Artists maintain a personal professional pursuit of artistry.
   This may take place as a performer, writer, director, videographer, etc.
   Professional opportunities may be available through TCT mainstay and
   touring productions throughout the year.
   -

      Senior leadership (DEd, Executive Artistic Director, and Production
      and Operations Manager) have the first right of refusal for opportunities
      related to TCT productions.  STAs will be given secondary
preference behind
      senior leadership for roles related to TCT mainstay and touring
      productions.  This may include roles such as Director, Set
Designer, Actor,
      Choreographer, Tour Manager, and more.

Training (15%) (only required for TAs regularly teaching 10 hours/week or
more)

   -

   We require all of our Teaching Artists to practice inclusive and
   child-responsive teaching practices.  As a result, we require and offer
   frequent training for our Teaching Artists.
   -

      Quarterly Training: Each quarter all Teaching Artists will attend a
      week-long training to prepare for the upcoming quarter.
      -

      Monthly Professional Development: Each month all Teaching Artists
      will attend a day-long professional development seminar.  These
topics will
      be selected by the DEd with the input of the Teaching Artists.
Topics may
      include: Trauma-Informed Care, Culturally Responsive Teaching, Universal
      Design for Learning, Critical Race Theory, and more.
      -

      TAs also have the right to request more training opportunities, if
      they feel it will continue to help them grow as a TA with TCT
      -

   TAs, particularly those new to teaching or to TCT, will be given the
   opportunity to observe a range of Senior Teaching Artists, fellow TAs, and
   the Director of Education in the field.  We firmly believe that the more
   teaching styles and classroom experiences you are exposed to as a TA, the
   stronger your own teaching skills and style will become.
   -

      TAs also have the right to request more observation access, if they
      feel it will continue to help them grow as a TA with TCT

To Apply:

   -

   Send a video introduction or cover letter and resume explaining why you
   are interested in the position and what makes you believe you are a good
   fit for TCT.  Please also include a resume and send you application to
   Rebecca Burcher (she/hers) at Rebecca at TaleSpinnerCle.org.  The
   position(s) will remain open until filled.

https://talespinnercle.org/teaching-artists/