[NEohioPAL] Ensemble's "Mother Courage & Her Children" opens Friday!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Wed Feb 7 14:30:37 PST 2024

*Ensemble Theatre* kicks off the new year with one of the great plays of
the 20th century!
Opening Friday! Only a handful of tickets available for opening night!

*MOTHER COURAGE AND HER CHILDREN*

*By Bertolt Brecht. Translated by Tony KushnerMusic Composition by Duke
Special*
*Co-Directed by Rebecca Moseley & Ian Wolfgang Hinz*

*F**eaturing the amazing talents of an ensemble of local Cleveland actors
::*
*Laura Rauh, Joseph Milan, Dan Zalevsky, Kyle Huff, Leah Paige Smith,
**Kierstan
Kathleen Conway, Michael J. Montanus, Santino Montanez, Emily Terry, Ariana
Starkman, Kelly Dunn, Mattie Blick, Jabri Little, Kennan **Carosielli, &
Liam Zalevsky!*

*Mother Courage* was first performed in Zurich in 1941 and is often seen as
Brecht's greatest work. Remaining a powerful indictment of war and social
injustice, it is an epic drama set during the Thirty Years' War. The plot
follows the resilient Mother Courage who survives by running a commissary
business that profits from all sides. As the war claims all of her children
in turn, the play poignantly demonstrates that no one can profit from the
war without being subject to its terrible cost also.

*“The translation, by American playwright Tony Kushner, is fast-moving,
articulate, and reaches the heart of Brecht's reasonings"  -Daily Express**The
play received its American premiere at The Cleveland Playhouse in 1958!
<https://www.clevelandmemory.org/playhouse/timeline.html>*

February 9th - 25th, 2024.
*Notre Dame College** :: Administration Building :: **Performing Arts
Center*
4545 College Rd. :: South Euclid, OH 44121

**Opening Night reception (2/9) Catered by The Little Grapevine!! (Wine,
finger foods, desserts!)*
Visit:* https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/mother-courage
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/mother-courage>* for more information!
*Run Time* :: 2 hrs & 30min. There will be one 10 minute intermission.
*Content Advisory:* This production contains *strong language* and *themes.*

*$15-$35*. *Fridays & Saturdays* @7:30pm. *Sundays* @2:00pm.

*Pay What You Can Opening Weekend (February 9th-11th) as well as February
18th & 25th.  Senior, Student, Military, & Group Discounts available!
Contact our box office for more information.  *

*For Tickets* :: *216-321-2930 *:: *tickets at ensemble-theatre.org*
<tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>
*Online*: * https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/mother-courage
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/mother-courage>*
*Here is a link to DIRECTIONS to our new location
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/contact/directions>.*
Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

* *Please note we are not in the Regina Auditorium.  *

*We are so thankful for Notre Dame College and our supporters throughout
Northeast Ohio! Join the Ensemble today!*
*Come out and support these amazing local artists! We look forward to
seeing you in our audience! *
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/>*