[NEohioPAL] CASTING CALL: SWEATSHIRT

Juni Musto josemusto1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:42:49 PST 2024

  My name is Juni Musto and I am a current third year film student at
Cleveland State University. I am also currently directing a short film that
I wrote last semester called 'Sweatshirt'.

         Sweatshirt is about the struggle of hiding your identity from the
people you love the most, your own parents. In this film, Elías must deal
with the consequences of having confessed his homosexuality to his
Hispanic, traditional and religious parents, breaking traditional and
generational barriers.

--> If you are interested in auditioning be sure to email
Sweatshirt.2024 at gmail.com your name and the role you are interested in
auditioning for. We will be in contact soon!! :)

**This is a dialogue heavy script and I plan on making this heart-string
pulling short film in spanish with english subtitles to really bring
authenticity. If you are bilingual in English and Spanish, you are
encouraged to audition!!.**

        * ROLES:*
• *ELIAS (LEAD): Hispanic or Latino Descent, 15-19, Male*
Elias is very close with his family and cherishes them closely. After not
being accepted by the people who love him most, he has to overcome his true
self and be confident in who he is. He wears a sweatshirt throughout the
film but will be wearing a crop top and hair accessories in other scenes. I
would love someone who can portray a boy with a lot of energy and can
quickly shift away from this into a more emotional state.
*[ACTOR MUST BE COMFORTABLE WITH FEMININE CLOTHING AND EYEDROPS *for
tears*]*

• *VALENTINA [mother] (SUPPORTING): Hispanic or Latino Descent, 30-45,
Female*
Valentina is Elias's light hearted mother. She wants her family to have a
great image so others won't judge them. After Elias comes out to her, she
becomes distraught and upset over this reality. She tried to find some
closure when praying for Elias. I would love someone who can really pull
off emotional expressions. We will have eye drops to act as tears, but if
you can cry on the spot.. that works too!

*[ACTOR MUST BE COMFORTABLE WITH EYE DROPS *for tears*]**ACTOR MUST SPEAK
IN SPANISH***

• *ELIJAH [father] (SUPPORTING): Hispanic or Latino Descent, 30-55, Male*
Elijah is Elias's macho man of a father. Always trying to make sure his
family is doing okay. His emotions and tone rise up after an argument about
his son's sexuality arise. I would love someone who can portray a very
frustrated and uncomfortable father.

*[ACTOR MUST BE COMFORTABLE SWEARING AND SAYING THE 'F-SLUR]**ACTOR MUST
SPEAK IN SPANISH***

The current dates for SHOOTING ‘Sweatshirt’ are the last weekend of March,
the 29th & 30th as well as another possible day on the first weekend of
April--April 5th, 6th, 7th.

***This will also be an unpaid short film.***