[NEohioPAL] FREE Theater Classes @ Cleveland Public Theatre, ages 7-14

Zyrece Montgomery zyrece.educator at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 08:44:50 PST 2024

cleveland PUBLIC theatre

Cleveland Act Now (CAN) Academy

After-School In-Person Course

*Her Legacy**– JUNIORS*

For youth ages, 7-10 years old

8-week course on-site at CPT

March 18, 2024 – May 8, 2024

Mondays and Wednesdays

4:30pm – 6:00pm

FREE

*Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 13, 2024*

*Her Legacy** – SENIORS*

For youth ages, 11-14 years old

8-week course on-site at CPT

March 19, 2024 – May 9, 2024

Tuesdays and Thursdays

4:30pm – 6:00pm

FREE

*Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 13, 2024*

*WHO*

CAN Academy is geared towards Cleveland residents; however, non-Cleveland
residents are welcome to apply.

*APPLICATION FORM*

Juniors:https://forms.gle/oXWVE1LjGYuCqJsi7

Seniors: https://forms.gle/SkQvwPaJTySSCw2X9

Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until enrollment reaches
14 young artists. Once the session reaches capacity, additional applicants
will be placed on a waitlist.

*WHAT*

Taught by CPT Teaching Artist and CAN Academy Site Coordinator, Zyrece
Montgomery, and Supporting Teaching Artist Olivia Wolfram, *Her Legacy *is
an in-person, after-school theatre program where youth will work as an
ensemble to build an original piece centered around recognizing the women
who have been impactful in their lives and celebrating their legacy. This
session is a devising workshop that provides a platform for youth to build
confidence in self-expression, self-discovery, writing, and collaborative
storytelling skills. This spring session culminates in an in-person
showcase of the young artists’ original work. CAN Academy performing arts
activities improve academic skills, instill empathy and responsibility,
build character, and enhance creative thinking.

*This program is offered at NO COST, thanks to the Cleveland Foundation.* All
classes are in person on-site at Cleveland Public Theatre. Young artists
must follow our health and safety protocols, which are informed by the CDC
guidelines. Any updates to our health and safety protocols will be
communicated to our CAN families in a timely manner.

*CONTACT/QUESTIONS*

Please contact Zyrece Montgomery, CAN Academy Teaching Artist and Site
Coordinator, via email or phone with questions. | *zmontgomery at cptonline.org
<zmontgomery at cptonline.org> or 440.429.5752*