[NEohioPAL] Micro Theater CLE is accepting submissions

Jonathon Morgan jonathonmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:47:09 PST 2024

Micro Theater CLE is accepting submissions for its first event, May 24-25
at the Brownhoist building. The submission deadline is March 15. Here’s
more information: https://www.microtheatercle.com/submissions

The micro theater concept started in Madrid before launching in Miami and
Buenos Aires, and this will be the first time it's happened in Cleveland
(that we know of). At Micro Theater events we produce 10-15 short
performances that are staged simultaneously in different rooms throughout
the same building. Each show is performed 3-5 times per night, so the
audience can see a few short plays in an evening with time in between to
chat over beers.

Traditional plays, experimental plays, dramas, comedies, physical theater,
sketch, clown, burlesque, performance art, and immersive performance are
all fair game. Performances should be 15-minutes or less and will be staged
in small rooms or site specific spaces inside the Brownhoist (be bold, you
can do a lot on a very small stage). If you're excited about it, we'll try
and make it work.

We have experienced producers, directors, performers you can collaborate
with, or you’re welcome to direct and cast the show on your own. And if
you’re a director (or interested in trying out directing) and/or an actor
and would be interested in being in someone else’s show, let us know!

Please send any questions to info at microtheatercle.com.

Micro Theater CLE was started by Jon Morgan, a native Clevelander who
produced his first play in Tremont in 2001, then went on to produce new
work in London, Liverpool, Austin, and New York before moving back to
Cleveland in June.