[NEohioPAL] SHRAPNEL MAPS by Philip Metres and Eric Schmied STAGED READING

Eric Schmiedl nzemiedl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 08:00:40 PDT 2024

*Shrapnel Maps**: a staged reading*

by Philip Metres and Eric Schmiedl

based on the acclaimed collection of poems *Shrapnel Maps* by Philip Metres

Directed by Seth Gordon

March 21st at 5pm, March 22 at 7pm

Marinello Little Theater, John Carroll University

Set in 2021, an Arab American poet and peacemaker is asked to speak at a
rally in Cleveland for the people of Gaza. Will he? His journey takes him
on an emotional journey that crosses continents, cultures, and communities
inspiring connection.

Sponsored by Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, Ohio Humanities Council, the JCU
Department of English, and the Peace, Justice, and Human Rights Program the
reading is directed by Seth Gordon, former associate artistic director at
the Cleveland Play House and current faculty member of the Helmerich School
of Drama at The University of Oklahoma.

The reading will conclude with guided conversation about the play and its
implications for how we deal with polarizing conflict, exploring what it
means to be human in times of conflict, and seeking ways of resolving
conflict in ways that affirm our shared humanity.

Admission is free.  Registration is required.

Register here: https://docs.google.com/.../1FAIpQLSew9Wau4NLER6.../viewform
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSew9Wau4NLER6Qpj3F_E3Fc7zUF473dNGpVJiGnbiUq0vtm-A/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0FRwhxLu6w0g96tDYUiRfb3fmFz6j3XJsSNgtKF8yS_C45CAil-RhSUZ0>

*Eric Schmied*l
*he / him / his*