[NEohioPAL] Longform Improv Team Auditions are March 23rd!

Imposters Theater info at imposterstheater.com
Mon Mar 18 10:30:14 PDT 2024

Announcing Spring 2024 Auditions for Imposters Theater House Longform
Improv Teams

Auditions will take place Saturday, March 23rd 12-3 PM at 4828 Lorain
Avenue in Ohio City, Cleveland.

Callbacks (if necessary) will take place Sunday, March 24th 3-5 PM

All auditioners will be notified of our decision by Monday, March 25th at 8
PM.

Please read this audition notice in its entirety before emailing
info at imposterstheater.com with questions.

AUDITION REQUIREMENTS

Auditions are open to anyone, regardless of previous involvement with
Imposters Theater. Knowledge of basic longform improv skills is expected.

The Menagerie features our long form improv groups IKEA NEAR ME and
Mischief LLC. We are looking for performers who can build strong
relationship dynamics and character POV.

CHAOTIC is our new Dungeons and Dragons inspired improv show. We are
looking for performers who deliver deep characters and relationships.

Both shows will be cast from the same audition. You can choose to audition
for either or both shows. Performers are welcome to be a part of multiple
shows at the theater as long as they can commit to all rehearsal and
performance obligations.

We are auditioning for a limited number of spots. We strive to guarantee
that *everyone* has the opportunity to do improv at Imposters Theater. If
you do not make a house team, we encourage you to continue attending our
free jams, developing your skills in our classes and workshops, and
submitting to community shows like Improv Death Match
<https://forms.gle/u1bNN7w3caHUYxtM9> and Dynamic Duos.
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=0f75b0533d&e=20fbc686a3>

PERFORMER EXPECTATIONS

House improv teams must be a priority for team members. Teams are expected
to rehearse 2-3 times a month in order to improve and maintain the quality
of performances. Rehearsal time will be determined after casting, according
to cast availability. Team members with a pattern of poor attendance or
lateness will be removed.

Team members must show they are open to notes from their coach and the
Artistic Directors, and be willing to work at implementing those notes.

Each improviser is expected to be a supportive team member and follow our code
of conduct.  <https://www.imposterstheater.com/conduct-policy>

This is a six month commitment. After those six months, the cast will be
evaluated based on performance and attendance.

PAY INFORMATION

$15/show. Pay is doubled if the show sells out.

AUDITION SPECIFICS

The audition committee will consist of the artistic director, show
directors, and producers.

What to expect at the audition:

You do not need to prepare anything. Please wear clothes you are
comfortable moving around in and arrive ten minutes beforehand so we can
start on time.

12pm - One of our show producers or directors will lead the group in a few
warm-ups

12:30pm - Everyone will participate in at least one long form scene based
on a one-word suggestion

1:15pm - BREAK

1:30pm - Performers will be divided into groups; each group will perform a
set of scenes based on a monologue

2:30pm - Time permitting, character monologue line game

3pm - End

Submit here. <https://forms.gle/xbYnncoDojvW3pxK8>