[NEohioPAL] WordStage presents 'Callas on Callas"

Tim Tavcar artsbear401 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 11:52:25 PDT 2024

On Saturday, April 6th at 7:30 p.m. WordStage celebrates the 100th
anniversary of  the life and art of the modern era's most influential
operatic artist, the Greek-American soprano, Maria Callas.   The program,
featuring WordStage Company member, Leslie Stager, is based on a
transcription of her famous Master Classes held at the Juilliard School in
NYC.

Callas recounts her early years as a student, her initial operatic roles in
Greece and Italy, her mentors and colleagues, and the musicianship,
theatricality and craft she employed to transform  the art of opera from
simply a beautiful singing exhibition to, under her influence, the vital
musical and dramatic theater it became.

Rare videos of Callas in performance will enhance our program which reveal
the interpretative genius of this extrordinary artist.

The performance will take place in the beautiful Wright Chapel of the
Lakewood Presbyterian Church - 14502 Detroit Ave in Downtown Lakewood, OH

For more information and advance reservations, please visit our website at
WordStageOH.org or call 440-857-0717