[NEOhioPAL]Five Area Playwrights Showcased at WAKE UP And LIVE's "PlayActs" Staged Readings

Wakeup4664 at aol.com Wakeup4664 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 12:43:32 PDT 2001

--part1_2f.1788af79.287b1f9d_boundary

Five Area Playwrights Showcased at WAKE UP And LIVE's "PlayActs" Staged
Readings.

    The Sue Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio presents "PlayActs,"
its Playwright's Lab Showcase of Staged Readings, in two performance-packed
days at Tri-C, Eastern, 4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills, Building 3,
Auditorium, on Saturday, July 21st, 7:30 PM, & Sunday, July 22nd, 3:00 PM.

    Come see local actors and advanced acting students perform these original
one-act dramas, comedies and 'dramadies' written by the five playwrights,
Thea Adler (Mayfield Hts.), Ruby Fox (University Hts.), Siegmund Fuchs (No.
Royalton), Carl Long (Gates Mills), and Gary Webster (Willoughby Hills).
After the readings, the audience is invited to meet the playwrights and share
their reactions to, and insights about the playwrights' "works in progress."

     "Cycle of a Lifetime," is Thea Adler's first one-act submitted to the
Playwright's Lab. Ruby Fox's plays "Wednesdays With Hilda" and "Divorce 101"
have been read at various theaters, including the Cleveland Playhouse and
Karamu. "One Night at the Movies" is Siegmund Fuchs' second play which has
been selected for WAKE UP And LIVE's readings. Carl Long, a Theatre major,
Grinnell College, Iowa, will see his short piece, "Irena's Song," brought to
life by two new actors to the Playwright's Lab, Josh Hunt and Marina Shtelen.
 Long will also be Assistant Director for "Divorce 101." Gary Webster, radio
personality, WBKC-Radio, will direct his own play, "Divine Intervention."
"Hold, Please" and "Let There Be Light" two of Webster's sketch comedies,
will also be performed.

The Ensemble cast for the 8 plays includes:  Sue Antal, Heidi Blount,
Jessica Daniel, Marcia Darby, Scott Hashier, Kenyatta Hatten,  Josh Hunt,
Sue Johnson, Sy Levine, Carl Long, Dave Monroe, Rebecca Morris, Julie Saad,
Angie Scott, Marina Shtelen, and Gary Webster.

Tickets each Showcase: Saturday/Sunday   $10.00 Adults
                                                                 $ 8.00
Seniors/Students (w/ID)

Save $4.00 Come both days:                 $16.00 Adults
                                                                 $12.00
Seniors/Students (w/ID)

Call (216)561-8608 to order  tickets, available in advance.

--part1_2f.1788af79.287b1f9d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2><B>Five Area Playwrights Showcased at WAKE UP And LIVE's "PlayActs" Staged
<BR>Readings.</B>
<BR>
<BR>    The Sue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</B> </I>presents <B>"PlayActs," </B>
<BR>its Playwright's Lab Showcase of Staged Readings, in two performance-packed
<BR>days at Tri-C, Eastern, 4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills, Building 3,
<BR>Auditorium, on Saturday, July 21st, 7:30 PM, & Sunday, July 22nd, 3:00 PM.
<BR>
<BR>    Come see local actors and advanced acting students perform these original
<BR>one-act dramas, comedies and 'dramadies' written by the five playwrights,
<BR>Thea Adler (Mayfield Hts.), Ruby Fox (University Hts.), Siegmund Fuchs (No.
<BR>Royalton), Carl Long (Gates Mills), and Gary Webster (Willoughby Hills).
<BR>After the readings, the audience is invited to meet the playwrights and share
<BR>their reactions to, and insights about the playwrights' "works in progress."
<BR>
<BR>     <I>"Cycle of a Lifetime,"</I> is Thea Adler's first one-act submitted to the
<BR>Playwright's Lab. Ruby Fox's plays <I>"Wednesdays With Hilda"</I> and <I>"Divorce 101"</I>
<BR>have been read at various theaters, including the Cleveland Playhouse and
<BR>Karamu. <I>"One Night at the Movies"</I> is Siegmund Fuchs' second play which has
<BR>been selected for <B>WAKE UP</B> <B>And LIVE's</B> readings. Carl Long, a Theatre major,
<BR>Grinnell College, Iowa, will see his short piece, <I>"Irena's Song," </I>brought to
<BR>life by two new actors to the Playwright's Lab, Josh Hunt and Marina Shtelen.
<BR> Long will also be Assistant Director for <I>"Divorce 101."</I> Gary Webster, radio
<BR>personality, WBKC-Radio, will direct his own play, <I>"Divine</I> <I>Intervention."
<BR>"Hold, Please" </I>and <I>"Let There Be Light</I>" two of Webster's sketch comedies,
<BR>will also be performed.
<BR>
<BR>The Ensemble cast for the 8 plays includes:  Sue Antal, Heidi Blount,
<BR>Jessica Daniel, Marcia Darby, Scott Hashier, Kenyatta Hatten,  Josh Hunt,
<BR>Sue Johnson, Sy Levine, Carl Long, Dave Monroe, Rebecca Morris, Julie Saad,
<BR>Angie Scott, Marina Shtelen, and Gary Webster.
<BR>
<BR>Tickets each Showcase: Saturday/Sunday   $10.00 Adults
<BR>                                                                 $ 8.00
<BR>Seniors/Students (w/ID)
<BR>
<BR>Save $4.00 Come both days:                 $16.00 Adults
<BR>                                                                 $12.00
<BR>Seniors/Students (w/ID)
<BR>
<BR>Call (216)561-8608 to order  tickets, available in advance.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_2f.1788af79.287b1f9d_boundary--