[NEOhioPAL]Work crew needed for Actors' Summit new theater

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 15:50:03 PDT 2001

--part1_99.18b2b596.289d9a61_boundary

                                  Help build a theater!
                        Actors' Summit needs your help!

Actors' Summit will begin volunteer work calls to help finish their NEW
Thrust stage theater.    Beginning Aug 13th at 8:00 AM we are working daytime
 hours to finish the theater space.  And we are working EVERYDAY until we
open previews on Sept 20th.  Come on down and see what we are doing!  Our
mission is to create theater that employs OHIO artists. We are a 501 C 3 Non
Profit professional arts organization.

To date we have produced 14 shows in 7 locations, 221 evenings of
professional theater since April of 1999.  We have created 102 paid acting
jobs; 31 Equity contracts.  Soon we will offer EMC credits as well.

We have received all of our permits, and have reached the "finish" stage of
construction.  Come and help build a theater that you will be able to work
in!  Check our website. www.actorssummit.org

We need artists to help prep walls, sand walls, cut in, and prime small
spaces.  The entire 4200 square feet will then be sprayed black...(like a
black box). Floors need to be painted with rollers. Concrete and wood
decking.

Bring power screw drivers and work gloves.

Some VERY STRONG artists, and a 24' box truck are needed to move our seating
platforms, and chairs into the new space. (along with lights, pipes, cables,
set pieces)

"Skilled help"  is needed to lay tile flooring in the new restrooms.

Possible assistance needed to install sinks and toilets.  We do have all the
rough plumbing finished and inspected. ( we'll keep you posted on this one)

PHONE LINES
Call 330-342-0800 theater with voicemail (and directions)
or 330-656-3588 NO VOICEMAIL or Recordings are on this line!
DIRECTIONS
The theater is located at 86 Owen Brown Street, 1 block NORTH and 2 Blocks
West of the Clock Tower in Hudson.

Directions from Cleveland:
Take 480 EAST to 271 South
Pick up  480 / 14 EAST (to Youngstown)
Take the 2nd Exit.  Route 91 to Hudson
Turn Right off the Exit.  Drive 4 miles into Hudson.
TURN Right  1 block BEFORE the Clock Tower.
(onto a residential street)
You will pass 1 stop sign.  The BEFORE the next stop sign is our building.
Pull into the asphalt driveway. (even though the sign says exit only.)  park
there.  Knock on any of the GRAY DOUBLE DOORS.

>From Akron
Take RTE 8 expressway north
Exit Rte 303 Hudson.  Turn Right.
Drive into Hudson.  You will pass a (Way too cute) MacDonald's ,
and shopping area.
NOW:
( this is the back way)
Go UNDER the railroad over pass,
the immediately turn right on MORSE Rd., at the Shell gas station.
Stay on Morse Road to Owen Brown Street.
a 4 way stop;  Just before the 4 way stop-- pull
into the parking lot for ShipLogix --a grey 2 story wood building--and the
Antiques Galleries.
Follow the parking lot around to the grey double doors.

WORK CREWS START AUG 13 AT  8 AM;  SOME EVENING WORK--We are rehearsing "Roar
of the Greasepaint"  in evenings at our previous performance space.

--part1_99.18b2b596.289d9a61_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">                               <B><I><U>   Help build a theater! </B></I></U>
<BR>                       </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=5 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0"><U> Actors' Summit needs your help!
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0"></U>
<BR>Actors' Summit will begin volunteer work calls to help finish their NEW
<BR>Thrust stage theater.    Beginning Aug 13th at 8:00 AM we are working daytime
<BR> hours to finish the theater space.  And we are working EVERYDAY until we
<BR>open previews on Sept 20th. <B><I> Come on down and see what we are doing!  Our
<BR>mission is to create theater that employs <U>OHIO </U>artists.</B></I> We are a 501 C 3 Non
<BR>Profit professional arts organization.
<BR>
<BR>To date we have produced 14 shows in 7 locations, 221 evenings of
<BR>professional theater since April of 1999.  We have created 102 paid acting
<BR>jobs; 31 Equity contracts.  Soon we will offer EMC credits as well.
<BR>
<BR><B><I><U>We have received all of our permits, and have reached the "finish" stage of
<BR>construction.  </B></I></U>Come and help build a theater that you will be able to work
<BR>in!  Check our website. www.actorssummit.org
<BR>
<BR>We need artists to help prep walls, sand walls, cut in, and prime small
<BR>spaces.  The entire 4200 square feet will then be sprayed black...(like a
<BR>black box). Floors need to be painted with rollers. Concrete and wood
<BR>decking.
<BR>
<BR>Bring power screw drivers and work gloves.
<BR>
<BR>Some VERY STRONG artists, and a 24' box truck are needed to move our seating
<BR>platforms, and chairs into the new space. (along with lights, pipes, cables,
<BR>set pieces)
<BR>
<BR>"Skilled help"  is needed to lay tile flooring in the new restrooms.
<BR>
<BR>Possible assistance needed to install sinks and toilets.  We do have all the
<BR>rough plumbing finished and inspected. ( we'll keep you posted on this one)
<BR>
<BR><B><U>PHONE LINES</B></U>
<BR>Call 330-342-0800 theater with voicemail (and directions)
<BR>or 330-656-3588 NO VOICEMAIL or Recordings are on this line!
<BR><B><U>DIRECTIONS</B></U>
<BR>The theater is located at 86 Owen Brown Street, 1 block NORTH and 2 Blocks
<BR>West of the Clock Tower in Hudson.
<BR>
<BR><B><U>Directions from Cleveland: </B></U>
<BR>Take 480 EAST to 271 South
<BR>Pick up  480 / 14 EAST (to Youngstown)
<BR>Take the 2nd Exit.  Route 91 to Hudson
<BR>Turn Right off the Exit.  Drive 4 miles into Hudson.
<BR>TURN Right  1 block BEFORE the Clock Tower.
<BR>(onto a residential street)
<BR>You will pass 1 stop sign.  The BEFORE the next stop sign is our building.
<BR>Pull into the asphalt driveway. (even though the sign says exit only.)  park
<BR>there.  Knock on any of the GRAY DOUBLE DOORS.
<BR>
<BR><B><U>From Akron
<BR></B></U>Take RTE 8 expressway north
<BR>Exit Rte 303 Hudson.  Turn Right.
<BR>Drive into Hudson.  You will pass a (Way too cute) MacDonald's ,
<BR>and shopping area.
<BR>NOW:
<BR>( this is the back way)
<BR>Go UNDER the railroad over pass,
<BR>the immediately turn right on MORSE Rd., at the Shell gas station.
<BR>Stay on Morse Road to Owen Brown Street.
<BR>a 4 way stop;  Just before the 4 way stop-- pull
<BR>into the parking lot for ShipLogix --a grey 2 story wood building--and the
<BR>Antiques Galleries.
<BR>Follow the parking lot around to the grey double doors.
<BR>
<BR>WORK CREWS START AUG 13 AT  8 AM;  SOME EVENING WORK--We are rehearsing "Roar
<BR>of the Greasepaint"  in evenings at our previous performance space.
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_99.18b2b596.289d9a61_boundary--