[NEohioPAL]Huntington Playhouse to continue Secrets Every Smart Traveler Should Know

Huntheatre at aol.com Huntheatre at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 10:29:04 PDT 2001

--part1_94.19f2fc5b.28d61db4_boundary

As the Managing Director of Huntington Playhouse I would like to respond to=20
Miss Posey's broadcast announcement about her decision leave the show this=20
past Friday afternoon. =A0=20

Everyone has been upset by the tragedy that occurred this past week. =A0We w=
ere=20
all in shock as we saw the developments play out. =A0The decision to move ah=
ead=20
with our production was not made easily and came after many conferences with=
=20
board members, volunteers, and cast. =A0The cast met at 6:30PM on Thursday=20
evening but Miss Posey was available for the meeting. =A0At the cast meting=20=
it=20
was decided to eliminate the references to 911 and we eliminated any sound=20
cues we felt were in appropriate. =A0The cast, that was present, then decide=
d=20
that there should be no cutting of numbers as it was the show they rehearsed=
=20
and to cut it would also be disruptive to the show's timing.=20

The cast also put a letter in the program conveying their uncomfortableness=20
but also stating their determination to continue. =A0=20

Before the show started I made a curtain speech saying that a portion of the=
=20
box office receipts for the remaining performances would be donated to the=20
American Red Cross, that we were also putting collection boxes in the lobby=20
for additional donations, and that blood donations would be an on going need=
.=20

I do not want to get any further into Miss Posey leaving the show other than=
=20
to say that the way she handled it (an e-mail to the cast & music director=20
with nothing sent or said to the director) should have been more=20
professional. =A0=20

The show was canceled Friday night to work in the replacement- Kira Stockard=
-=20
and last evening the show went on and entertained 162 people who did laugh,=20
who did, enjoy themselves and who stood and joined our cast singing "God=20
Bless America." In the 2 performances this week, we have raised over $200.00=
=20
for relief efforts.=20

I am sure the reason for this PAL list is not to air production problems or=20
for performers, technicians, or those who manage theatres to air their=20
personal beefs with the way certain situations are handled. =A0I promise tha=
t I=20
will only use this list as intended - to post theatre opportunities and to=20
promote live theatre through out North Eastern Ohio.=20

Tom Meyrose=20
Managing Director=20
Huntington Playhouse=20

--part1_94.19f2fc5b.28d61db4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Tahoma" LANG=3D"0">As the Managing Director of Huntin=
gton Playhouse I would like to respond to Miss Posey's broadcast announcemen=
t about her decision leave the show this past Friday afternoon. =A0=20
<BR>
<BR>Everyone has been upset by the tragedy that occurred this past week.=20=
=A0We were all in shock as we saw the developments play out. =A0The decision=
 to move ahead with our production was not made easily and came after many c=
onferences with board members, volunteers, and cast. =A0The cast met at 6:30=
PM on Thursday evening but Miss Posey was available for the meeting. =A0At t=
he cast meting it was decided to eliminate the references to 911 and we elim=
inated any sound cues we felt were in appropriate. =A0The cast, that was pre=
sent, then decided that there should be no cutting of numbers as it was the=20=
show they rehearsed and to cut it would also be disruptive to the show's tim=
ing.=20
<BR>
<BR>The cast also put a letter in the program conveying their uncomfortablen=
ess but also stating their determination to continue. =A0=20
<BR>
<BR>Before the show started I made a curtain speech saying that a portion of=
 the box office receipts for the remaining performances would be donated to=20=
the American Red Cross, that we were also putting collection boxes in the lo=
bby for additional donations, and that blood donations would be an on going=20=
need.=20
<BR>
<BR>I do not want to get any further into Miss Posey leaving the show other=20=
than to say that the way she handled it (an e-mail to the cast & music d=
irector with nothing sent or said to the director) should have been more pro=
fessional. =A0=20
<BR>
<BR>The show was canceled Friday night to work in the replacement- Kira Stoc=
kard- and last evening the show went on and entertained 162 people who did l=
augh, who did, enjoy themselves and who stood and joined our cast singing "G=
od Bless America." In the 2 performances this week, we have raised over $200=
.00 for relief efforts.=20
<BR>
<BR>I am sure the reason for this PAL list is not to air production problems=
 or for performers, technicians, or those who manage theatres to air their p=
ersonal beefs with the way certain situations are handled. =A0I promise that=
 I will only use this list as intended - to post theatre opportunities and t=
o promote live theatre through out North Eastern Ohio.=20
<BR>
<BR>Tom Meyrose=20
<BR>Managing Director=20
<BR>Huntington Playhouse=20
<BR></XMP></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0f0f0f" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>