[NEohioPAL]Lorain Community Music Theater Auditions for "Bye Bye Birdie"

KABBW at aol.com KABBW at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 11:29:01 PST 2002

--part1_199.499ed89.29d89549_boundary

LORAIN COMMUNITY MUSIC THEATER
ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR

BYE BYE BIRDIE

Auditions will be held on Sat., April 20th and Sun., April 21st
from 1 - 4 p.m. at The Eagle's Nest (next to the Lorain Palace Civic
Center).  Registration will begin at 12:30 p.m.   Bring a prepared song
(approx. 90 seconds) along with sheet music.  An accompanist will be
provided.  Be prepared for a dance audition.

Production dates are July 12, 13, 19, 20 & 21, 2002 at The Lorain Palace
Civic Center, located at 6th & Broadway, in downtown Lorain.  The show will
be directed by Mike Larochelle.  All roles are open, and a wide age-range of
actors is needed.

For more information, contact Bev Muzilla, Producer at (440) 244-5052
or by e-mail at MsBusyBee52 at hotmail.com.

Directions to The Eagle's Nest:  From I-90, take the Middle Ridge/South
Broadway exit for Lorain.  Travel north into the Downtown area (3.8 miles)
and The Lorain Palace Civic Center is at 6th & Broadway with a large marquee
on your right-hand side.  The Eagle's Nest is the next building, north of
the Palace.  Parking is available on Broadway, as well as in numerous public
parking lots in the area.

Characters in Bye Bye Birdie:

ALBERT PETERSON:  33 years old; likable momma's boy trying to stand on his
own two feet; needs to be a strong singer (low tenor) and dancer.  Songs:
Put on a Happy Face, Healthy Normal American Boy, Baby Talk to Me, Rosie

ROSE ALVAREZ:  in her early 30's; strong, outgoing character; needs to dance
well; needs a strong 'belter' voice.  Songs:  An English Teacher, What Did I
Ever See in Him, Spanish Rose

CONRAD BIRDIE:  young man in his early 20's; Elvis-type rock star;
heartthrob to teenage girls; needs to move well to music.  Songs:  Honestly
Sincere, One Last Kiss, A Lot of Livin' to Do

KIM MACAFEE:  needs to look 16 years old; very pretty and self-possessed;
soprano.  Songs:  How Lovely to Be a Woman, One Boy, Ed Sullivan, What Did I
Ever See in Him

MR. HARRY MACAFEE:  father (40 years old) of Kim & Randolph; a typical
embattled and exasperated father of the 1950's.  Songs:  Ed Sullivan, Kids

MRS. DORIS MACAFEE:  mother (40 years old) of Kim & Randolph; kind,
pleasant, peace-keeping housewife.  Songs:  Ed Sullivan, Kids

RANDOLPH MACAFEE:  Kim's younger brother; needs to look 10 years old; boy
tenor.  Songs:  Ed Sullivan, Kids

HUGO PEABODY:  Kim's steady boyfriend (16 years old); the All-American boy
in love for the first time.

URSULA MERKLE:  Kim's best friend & next door neighbor; hyper-enthusiastic.
Her trademark is the Conrad Birdie 'Scream'

MRS. MAE PETERSON:  Albert's domineering momma (looks 50 years old)

TEEN CHORUS:  All teens must move well to music;  looking for a large teen
chorus (10 guys, 10 gals) including the characters of: Deborah Sue, Margie,
Alice, Harvey Johnson, Helen, Nancy, Penelope, Suzie, Karl and Freddie.

ADULT CHORUS:  Looking for 7 men and 7 women, including the characters of:
Gloria Rasputin, Charles F. Maude (bartender), Mayor, Mayor's Wife, Mrs.
Merkle, Mr. Johnson, TV Stage Crew, Customers at Maude's, Sweet Apple
Shriners (male dancers), Policemen and Reporters.

CHILDREN'S CHORUS:  Looking for a few children aged 5 - 12.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
with catsup!

A prejudice is a vagrant opinion without visible means of support.

"Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand." - Mark Twain

"I find television very educating.  Every time somebody turns on the
set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

Some people are working backstage, some are playing in the orchestra,
some are on stage singing, some are in the audience as critics and some are
there to applaud. Know who and where you are.

"I always wanted to be somebody. I guess I should have been more specific."
-- Lily Tomlin

--part1_199.499ed89.29d89549_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">LORAIN COMMUNITY MUSIC THEATER<BR>
ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR<BR>
<BR>
BYE BYE BIRDIE<BR>
<BR>
Auditions will be held on Sat., April 20th and Sun., April 21st<BR>
from 1 - 4 p.m. at The Eagle's Nest (next to the Lorain Palace Civic <BR>
Center).  Registration will begin at 12:30 p.m.   Bring a prepared song <BR>
(approx. 90 seconds) along with sheet music.  An accompanist will be <BR>
provided.  Be prepared for a dance audition.<BR>
<BR>
Production dates are July 12, 13, 19, 20 & 21, 2002 at The Lorain Palace <BR>
Civic Center, located at 6th & Broadway, in downtown Lorain.  The show will <BR>
be directed by Mike Larochelle.  All roles are open, and a wide age-range of <BR>
actors is needed.<BR>
<BR>
For more information, contact Bev Muzilla, Producer at (440) 244-5052<BR>
or by e-mail at MsBusyBee52 at hotmail.com.<BR>
<BR>
Directions to The Eagle's Nest:  From I-90, take the Middle Ridge/South <BR>
Broadway exit for Lorain.  Travel north into the Downtown area (3.8 miles) <BR>
and The Lorain Palace Civic Center is at 6th & Broadway with a large marquee <BR>
on your right-hand side.  The Eagle's Nest is the next building, north of <BR>
the Palace.  Parking is available on Broadway, as well as in numerous public <BR>
parking lots in the area.<BR>
<BR>
Characters in Bye Bye Birdie:<BR>
<BR>
ALBERT PETERSON:  33 years old; likable momma's boy trying to stand on his <BR>
own two feet; needs to be a strong singer (low tenor) and dancer.  Songs:  <BR>
Put on a Happy Face, Healthy Normal American Boy, Baby Talk to Me, Rosie<BR>
<BR>
ROSE ALVAREZ:  in her early 30's; strong, outgoing character; needs to dance <BR>
well; needs a strong 'belter' voice.  Songs:  An English Teacher, What Did I <BR>
Ever See in Him, Spanish Rose<BR>
<BR>
CONRAD BIRDIE:  young man in his early 20's; Elvis-type rock star; <BR>
heartthrob to teenage girls; needs to move well to music.  Songs:  Honestly <BR>
Sincere, One Last Kiss, A Lot of Livin' to Do<BR>
<BR>
KIM MACAFEE:  needs to look 16 years old; very pretty and self-possessed; <BR>
soprano.  Songs:  How Lovely to Be a Woman, One Boy, Ed Sullivan, What Did I <BR>
Ever See in Him<BR>
<BR>
MR. HARRY MACAFEE:  father (40 years old) of Kim & Randolph; a typical <BR>
embattled and exasperated father of the 1950's.  Songs:  Ed Sullivan, Kids<BR>
<BR>
MRS. DORIS MACAFEE:  mother (40 years old) of Kim & Randolph; kind, <BR>
pleasant, peace-keeping housewife.  Songs:  Ed Sullivan, Kids<BR>
<BR>
RANDOLPH MACAFEE:  Kim's younger brother; needs to look 10 years old; boy <BR>
tenor.  Songs:  Ed Sullivan, Kids<BR>
<BR>
HUGO PEABODY:  Kim's steady boyfriend (16 years old); the All-American boy <BR>
in love for the first time.<BR>
<BR>
URSULA MERKLE:  Kim's best friend & next door neighbor; hyper-enthusiastic.  <BR>
Her trademark is the Conrad Birdie 'Scream'<BR>
<BR>
MRS. MAE PETERSON:  Albert's domineering momma (looks 50 years old)<BR>
<BR>
TEEN CHORUS:  All teens must move well to music;  looking for a large teen <BR>
chorus (10 guys, 10 gals) including the characters of: Deborah Sue, Margie, <BR>
Alice, Harvey Johnson, Helen, Nancy, Penelope, Suzie, Karl and Freddie.<BR>
<BR>
ADULT CHORUS:  Looking for 7 men and 7 women, including the characters of:  <BR>
Gloria Rasputin, Charles F. Maude (bartender), Mayor, Mayor's Wife, Mrs. <BR>
Merkle, Mr. Johnson, TV Stage Crew, Customers at Maude's, Sweet Apple <BR>
Shriners (male dancers), Policemen and Reporters.<BR>
<BR>
CHILDREN'S CHORUS:  Looking for a few children aged 5 - 12.<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Book Antiqua" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="DECORATIVE" FACE="HandelGothic BT" LANG="0">Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup!<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800040" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Rockwell" LANG="0"><B>A prejudice is a vagrant opinion without visible means of support.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Book Antiqua" LANG="0"></B><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#8080c0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Book Antiqua" LANG="0"><B>"Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand." - Mark Twain</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Book Antiqua" LANG="0"></B><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Baha" LANG="0">"I find television very educating.  Every time somebody turns on the<BR>
set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Some people are working backstage, some are playing in the orchestra,<BR>
some are on stage singing, some are in the audience as critics and some are<BR>
there to applaud. Know who and where you are.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#008080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FACE="Vagabond" LANG="0">"I always wanted to be somebody. I guess I should have been more specific." </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#008080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Vagabond" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#008080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FACE="Vagabond" LANG="0">-- Lily Tomlin </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#008080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="WeddingText BT" LANG="0"><B><I><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></I><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_199.499ed89.29d89549_boundary--