[NEohioPAL]Should reviews and personal opinions be part of the scope of neohiopal?

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 09:28:40 PDT 2002

--part1_111.1066c570.29e5a575_boundary

Hi !

A controversy has been brewing for a while about the posting of reviews and
personal opinions to neohiopal.

Some people feel that the posting of reviews (definition: personal opinions
about shows, professional critics like Roy Berko, parodies such as Jeff
Holland's 'ike and mike') are not within the scope of the list and allow too
much negativity to pervade an otherwise "supportive" environment.

Others enjoy the discourse of varying opinions and feel that open discussion
of our work is perfectly appropriate for the list.

Up to now, I have forwarded all reviews - without editing - without
censorship. I felt that the American principle of "freedom of speech" should
win.

Frankly, the angry letters I am getting from some people are wearing me out.

So, I am throwing it out there to a vote. Please reply to this e-mail with a
yes or no answer to this question...

Should reviews and personal opinions be part of the scope of neohiopal?

Comments are welcome as well.  I will inform the list of the results in a
week.

Warm Regards,
Fred Sternfeld
 <A HREF="http://www.fredsternfeld.com">http://www.fredsternfeld.com</A>

PS -- I will always approve arts organizations using positive reviews to help
promote their shows to the list.

--part1_111.1066c570.29e5a575_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>Hi !<BR>
<BR>
A controversy has been brewing for a while about the posting of reviews and personal opinions to neohiopal.<BR>
<BR>
Some people feel that the posting of reviews (definition: personal opinions about shows, professional critics like Roy Berko, parodies such as Jeff Holland's 'ike and mike') are not within the scope of the list and allow too much negativity to pervade an otherwise "supportive" environment.<BR>
<BR>
Others enjoy the discourse of varying opinions and feel that open discussion of our work is perfectly appropriate for the list.<BR>
<BR>
Up to now, I have forwarded all reviews - without editing - without censorship. I felt that the American principle of "freedom of speech" should win.<BR>
<BR>
Frankly, the angry letters I am getting from some people are wearing me out.<BR>
<BR>
So, I am throwing it out there to a vote. Please reply to this e-mail with a yes or no answer to this question...<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Should reviews and personal opinions be part of the scope of neohiopal?<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Comments are welcome as well.  I will inform the list of the results in a week.<BR>
<BR>
Warm Regards,<BR>
Fred Sternfeld<BR>
 <A HREF="http://www.fredsternfeld.com">http://www.fredsternfeld.com</A> <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
PS -- I will always approve arts organizations using positive reviews to help promote their shows to the list. </B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_111.1066c570.29e5a575_boundary--