[NEohioPAL]Harmonia & Immigrant Suns in Cleveland Concert 4/26/02

Walter Mahovlich mahovlich at core.com
Thu Apr 18 17:35:03 PDT 2002

--------------8A3C82DA3C7016902FA22EAD

              Friday April 26th at the Beachland Ballroom
         15711 Waterloo Road, Cleveland, OH 44110, 216-383-1124
        An Evening of Music from Eastern Europe and the Balkans
                                HARMONIA
                                  with
                           THE IMMIGRANT SUNS

                      Friday April 26th, 2002, 8 PM

Admission: $8 in advance, $10 at the door
for tickets call: 216-383-1124

After a winter tour of the deep south,  HARMONIA returns to the
Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland in an informal concert Friday night,
April 26th at 8 PM.  Detroit's Balkan-inspired Immigrant Suns are also
on the program. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door.  Tickets
can be purchased in advance by calling the Beachland Ballroom
216-383-1124 or can be bought  online at
http://www.beachlandballroom.com/ . A full bar and food service will be
available.

 "With the slogan "Music from the heart of Europe," the nationally
renowned ensemble HARMONIA brings all the diverse elements of Eastern
European folk music together in their repetoire: Hungarian, Slovak,
Rusyn, Croatian, Romanian, Ukrainian and Gypsy. Using exotic (at least
to our ears) instruments like the cimbalom, as well as the more familiar
accordion, clarinet, violin and string bass, Harmonia’s members find a
common musical language that is truly mesmerizing, especially when
lovely vocalist Beata Begeniova takes the stage."

                     Performing with Harmonia are:
                     Alexander Fedoriouk - cimbalom
                 Walt Mahovlich - accordion & clarinet
                         Marko Dreher - violin
           Andrei Pidkivka - sopilka, nai (panflute), tilinca
                            Adam Good - bass
                        Beata Begeniova - vocals

For more about HARMONIA visit  http://www.harmoniaband.com .  Copies of
their new CD, "Cimbalom Traditions" will be available at the concert.
For further  information about Harmonia, or for booking call
216-281-8727.   This just in: Catch HARMONIA May 24, 25 & 26 on the main
stage at the Pittsburgh Folk Festival!

Detroit's Immigrant Suns: Founded by Montenegrin-Albanian Djeto Juncaj
and inspired by the Balkan music he grew up with, the Suns features
exotic instrumentation and rhythms,  melodic hooks in the least likely
places,echoes of firey gypsy music and a dose of Yankee ingenuity. It's
a timelesssound without borders- geographic or musical. The current
lineup also features Framk Pahl and  Marko Novachcoff of Only A Mother:

Directions to the Beachland:
>From Cleveland:  take 90 east and get off at East 152nd. Make a left
going under the freeway and go 1 block. The first  intersection you come
to is Waterloo Rd. Make a soft right. At 156th the road will curve to
the right. Once past this  intersection, the club will be on your left.

>From the East: If you are coming westbound on 90 exit at the E156th
exit. Turn right at the  stop sign. Go 1 block and make a right at the
stoplight. Club is one block on the left. Parking in the rear.

Maps are available at http://www.beachlandballroom.com/maps.html

or can be bought  online at   <a href="http://www.beachlandballroom.com/">http://www.beachlandballroom.com/</a>
. A full bar and food service will be available.
renowned ensemble HARMONIA brings all the diverse elements of Eastern European
folk music together in their repetoire: Hungarian, Slovak, Rusyn, Croatian,
Romanian, Ukrainian and Gypsy. Using exotic (at least to our ears) instruments
like the cimbalom, as well as the more familiar accordion, clarinet, violin
and string bass, Harmonia’s members find a common musical language that
is truly mesmerizing, especially when lovely vocalist Beata Begeniova takes
the stage."
<center>

.  Copies of their new CD, "Cimbalom Traditions" will be available
at the concert.  For further  information about Harmonia, or
for booking call 216-281-8727.   This just in: Catch HARMONIA
May 24, 25 & 26 on the main stage at the Pittsburgh Folk Festival!
and inspired by the Balkan music he grew up with, the Suns features
exotic instrumentation and rhythms,  melodic hooks in the least likely
places,echoes of firey gypsy music and a dose of Yankee ingenuity. It's
a timelesssound without borders- geographic or musical. The current lineup
also features Framk Pahl and  Marko Novachcoff of Only A Mother:
<hr WIDTH="100%">