[NEohioPAL]request info about "Best New Talent Awards"

Ritaklin at aol.com Ritaklin at aol.com
Sun Jun 23 18:56:08 PDT 2002

I took my 14 yr old son to an audition yesterday and call back today at the
Airport Marriot for an organization called Best New Talent. The notification
came through this list and I am wondering if anyone knows anything or has any
thoughts about the organization.

At the callback, they invited my son  and some others, though not all by any
means,  to come to their three day showcase/competition in November in Los
Angeles, for a fee, of course. The fee starts at $450 and goes up based on
the number of categories the participant is accepted for. In addition,
participants and their parents pay their own expenses.

The event includes instructional seminars as well as competitions and
apparently has agents, casting directors,  record producers, etc. as judges
who also scout for their own organizations. The owners tout this as being a
great opportunity to be seen and heard by lots of LA talent scouts, etc., but
I am skeptical.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any  thoughts about this type of "showcase"
and/or  has any reaction to this kind of event.

Thank you all for your input!
Rita