[NEohioPAL]Actors' Summit Announces Season Auditions

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Mon Jun 24 18:22:47 PDT 2002

--part1_95.1e7143ef.2a48c1ff_boundary

For Immediate Release
For additional information contact: Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800
Hudson, Ohio
June 24, 2002

Actors' Summit Announces
Open Season Auditions

Actors' Summit announces open auditions for its 2002-2003 season at its
theater in downtown Hudson. Adult auditions will be held on Saturday, July 13
from 1 - 3 PM. Young people's auditions (under 18 years of age) will be held
on Saturday, July 20 from 10 AM - 12 Noon.  All auditions will be by
appointment.

All auditioners are asked to bring two headshots and resumes. "The actors
will be asked to read scenes from the shows being cast," said Neil
Thackaberry, Artistic Director. "Prepared audition monologues are not
necessary."

Both members of Actors' Equity Association and nonunion professional actors
are encouraged to audition. All performers are compensated. Actors' Summit
operates under a Small Professional Theatre contract with AEA, tier III.

Actors' Summit is committed to Non-Traditional Casting.  Except in cases
where race, gender, age, or disability is essential to the play, all roles
will be cast on the basis of talent.

The roles to be cast over the two days of auditions include:
    The Woman in Black:  The Actor - age 25 -35 male. English dialect.
                    The Woman - age 30 - 40. Thin. Nonspeaking role.
    A Child's Christmas in Wales: The Uncles - age 35 - 50.
                             The Aunts - age 35 - 50.
                             The Kids - age 10 - 17
        Good ear for accents, must be able to carry a tune in harmony. Be
    prepared to sing a cappella.
    Charlie's Aunt: All Roles Open
    Tartuffe: Most Roles Open (Tartuffe, Orgon & Elmire are cast)
    Picnic: Most Roles Open

To make an audition appointment, please call the theater at 330-342-0800
between 2 and 5 PM weekdays.

A printable map showing the theater's location is available at
www.actorssummit.org.

--part1_95.1e7143ef.2a48c1ff_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#000080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Gill Sans" LANG="0">For Immediate Release
<BR>For additional information contact: Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800
<BR>Hudson, Ohio
<BR>June 24, 2002
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=CENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000080" SIZE=5 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Gill Sans" LANG="0"><B>Actors' Summit Announces
<BR>Open Season Auditions</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Gill Sans" LANG="0"></B>
<BR><P ALIGN=LEFT>
<BR>Actors' Summit announces open auditions for its 2002-2003 season at its theater in downtown Hudson. Adult auditions will be held on Saturday, July 13 from 1 - 3 PM. Young people's auditions (under 18 years of age) will be held on Saturday, July 20 from 10 AM - 12 Noon.  All auditions will be by appointment.
<BR>
<BR>All auditioners are asked to bring two headshots and resumes. "The actors will be asked to read scenes from the shows being cast," said Neil Thackaberry, Artistic Director. "Prepared audition monologues are not necessary."
<BR>
<BR>Both members of Actors' Equity Association and nonunion professional actors are encouraged to audition. All performers are compensated. Actors' Summit operates under a Small Professional Theatre contract with AEA, tier III.
<BR>
<BR>Actors' Summit is committed to Non-Traditional Casting.  Except in cases where race, gender, age, or disability is essential to the play, all roles will be cast on the basis of talent.
<BR>
<BR>The roles to be cast over the two days of auditions include:
<BR>    <B><I>The Woman in Black</B></I>:  The Actor - age 25 -35 male. English dialect.
<BR>                    The Woman - age 30 - 40. Thin. Nonspeaking role.
<BR>    <B><I>A Child's Christmas in Wales</B></I>: The Uncles - age 35 - 50.
<BR>                             The Aunts - age 35 - 50.
<BR>                             The Kids - age 10 - 17
<BR>        Good ear for accents, must be able to carry a tune in harmony. Be           prepared to sing a cappella.
<BR>    <B><I>Charlie's Aunt</B></I>: All Roles Open
<BR>    <B><I>Tartuffe</B></I>: Most Roles Open (Tartuffe, Orgon & Elmire are cast)
<BR>    <B><I>Picnic</B></I>: Most Roles Open
<BR>
<BR>To make an audition appointment, please call the theater at 330-342-0800 between 2 and 5 PM weekdays.
<BR>
<BR>A printable map showing the theater's location is available at www.actorssummit.org.</P></P></FONT></HTML>

--part1_95.1e7143ef.2a48c1ff_boundary--