[NEohioPAL]Please respond to survey re: HS Musicals

Maz848 at aol.com Maz848 at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 09:13:10 PDT 2002

--part1_179.b650cb5.2a66d470_boundary

Hello.

I direct a High School theatre program and am having some trouble aligning
personnel expenses with the expectation of existing faculty -- especially in
regard to the annual musical.  I would appreciate a survey of what other
schools in NE Ohio currently pay personnel for a full-size musical.

I am interested in how much (and if) you normally pay for each of the
following positions.  If any of the following positions are paid via a
supplemental contract, please indicate as such and please provide the amount
of the contract.  I realize that not every school will actually pay someone
to each of the following jobs, but have included them for the sake of
thoroughness. Also please indicate the student population of your school.

Thanks in advance for helping me to compile this information.  I will be
happy to share my summary with anyone who is interested.

Mark A. Zimmerman,
Firestone High School
Akron, Ohio

1.  What is the student population of your school?

2. Is your school public or private?

3.  What do you normally pay for a DIRECTOR for a full-size musical?  Is this
amount covered by a supplemental contract?

4.  What do you normally pay for a MUSIC DIRECTOR for a full-size musical?
Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

5.  What do you normally pay for a CHOREOGRAPHER for a full-size musical?  Is
this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

6.  What do you normally pay for a CONDUCTOR for a full-size musical?  Is
this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

7.  What do you normally pay for a TECHNICAL DIRECTOR for a full-size
musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

8.  What do you normally pay for a SCENIC DESIGNER for a full-size musical?
Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

9.  What do you normally pay for a LIGHTING DESIGNER for a full-size musical?
 Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

10.  What do you normally pay for a COSTUME DESIGNER for a full-size musical?
 Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

11.  What do you normally pay for a PROPS DESIGNER for a full-size musical?
Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?

--part1_179.b650cb5.2a66d470_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Hello.  <BR>
<BR>
I direct a High School theatre program and am having some trouble aligning personnel expenses with the expectation of existing faculty -- especially in regard to the annual musical.  I would appreciate a survey of what other schools in NE Ohio currently pay personnel for a full-size musical.<BR>
<BR>
I am interested in how much (and if) you normally pay for each of the following positions.  If any of the following positions are paid via a supplemental contract, please indicate as such and please provide the amount of the contract.  I realize that not every school will actually pay someone to each of the following jobs, but have included them for the sake of thoroughness. Also please indicate the student population of your school.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance for helping me to compile this information.  I will be happy to share my summary with anyone who is interested.<BR>
<BR>
Mark A. Zimmerman,<BR>
Firestone High School<BR>
Akron, Ohio<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
1.  What is the student population of your school?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
2. Is your school public or private?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
3.  What do you normally pay for a DIRECTOR for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
4.  What do you normally pay for a MUSIC DIRECTOR for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
5.  What do you normally pay for a CHOREOGRAPHER for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
6.  What do you normally pay for a CONDUCTOR for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
7.  What do you normally pay for a TECHNICAL DIRECTOR for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
8.  What do you normally pay for a SCENIC DESIGNER for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
9.  What do you normally pay for a LIGHTING DESIGNER for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
10.  What do you normally pay for a COSTUME DESIGNER for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
11.  What do you normally pay for a PROPS DESIGNER for a full-size musical?  Is this amount covered by a supplemental contract?</FONT></HTML>

--part1_179.b650cb5.2a66d470_boundary--