[NEohioPAL]NE OH Arts Summit Follow-up

Bodwin Theatre bodwin_theatre at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:28:05 PDT 2002

List: I want to pass along this note about continuing efforts to rally arts
groups to stress their contribution to NE Ohio community and the NE OH
economy...

On Wednesday, September 19th, the Corporate Club at Landerhaven will host a
discussion regarding the State of the Arts. Sponsored by News Channel 5, the
Plain Dealer, WTAM 1100 and others, attendees will hear three arts leaders
discuss a variety of topics:

* Katherine Lee Reid, Director of the Cleveland Museum of Art;
* Thomas W. Morris, Director of the Cleveland Orchestra; and
* Peter Hackett, Creative Director of The Cleveland Playhouse.

Facilitated by Ted Henry of News Channel 5, the panel will talk about the
importance of strategic partnerships in our community, ways to prevent the
arts “brain drain,” maximizing NE OH’s regionalism efforts and other issues
(including responding to questions from the audience).

This is an important step following up on the (first ever) Cleveland City
Council Arts Summit convened earlier this spring under the leadership of
Councilman Joe Cimperman and Tom Schorgl of the Community Partnership for
Arts and Culture.

I don't know the cost of the lunch (probably $25), but to learn more about
the event, go to: http://www.ccatlanderhaven.com/

I wanted to pass this note along to the theater leaders on this list, but
feel free to pass this along to others.

Kevin Cronin
Managing Director
Bodwin Theatre Company