[NEohioPAL]Local Playwright seeks a venue...

terry sandler terrysandler at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 17:24:12 PDT 2002

<P>To my Friends and Artists of NEOHIOPAL, </P>
<P>I'm a professional playwright from the area and I’m looking for a director who’ll be willing to take a risk on a new voice. You see, as a playwright, you give birth to these plays. You give them shelter, love, and food for thought. But, as time goes by, they grow up and get to big for the nest. So, I’m encouraging them to strap on their wings and see the world. Each of my creations are unique and different in very special ways. But, one of my plays asked me a very important question. I actually blushed at the thought: </P>
<P>Play: "Terry, I have a question?"</P>
<P>Terry: "What is it, my Play?"</P>
<P>Play: "Do I <I>work?"</P></I>
<P>Terry: <I>(Silence. Terry blushes with perplexity.)</P></I>
<P>Some of my works have experienced professional stage readings at The Actor’s Institute, N.Y., and The Provincetown Playhouse in Greenwich Village, NYC, where the greats such as Eugene O’Neil, Edward Albee, and Susan Glaspell got their start. Most recently, my play "Extended Family" received it’s debut stage reading at Sue Johnson’s WAKE UP AND LIVE’S --- Play Acts Festival. </P>
<P>I have four plays up for adoption. Please see below. If anyone out there is interested in providing my little dramatic works a good home, I would be more than willing to ship them off to you. Just tell me where I should send them. </P>
<P>Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.</P>
<P>Your fellow artist,</P>
<P>Terry M. Sandler</P>
<P>
<HR>
</P>
<P><STRONG><U>Extended Family, <EM>An Absurdist Comedy</EM></U><EM> </EM></STRONG>(5 M, 4F) Running Time- 1:50min (Family dysfunction and a Thanksgiving feast in this full length absurdist comedy.) </P>
<P><STRONG><U>Chest High, <EM>A Dream Play</EM></U><EM> </EM></STRONG>(10-20 M) Running Time-45 min (A one-act dream play, uniting Miles with his "only grandfather in existence.") </P>
<P><STRONG><U>Duck Talk, <EM>A Romantic Comedy</EM></U><EM> </EM></STRONG>(2M, 2F) Running Time-25min (A young couple ponder their future in this one-act romantic comedy.) </P>