[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas pjanas at oberlin.edu
Fri Sep 6 16:39:31 PDT 2002

--==========01283195==========

Hello, everyone. Here is your electronic digest of news and events from the =

Oberlin Conservatory of Music at Oberlin College.

Please visit our website for the latest news and features from Oberlin:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con

For a listing of the season's upcoming concerts and recitals, please view
our electronic calendar:

http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl

Would you like a free ticket to hear world-class music?

Subscribe to the full, six-concert season of Oberlin's Artist Recital
Series and you'll receive a free ticket to one of three outstanding
concerts.

The first concert "bonus" concert in the series is THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
AT 8 PM:

Acclaimed pianist ANTONIO POMPA-BALDI'S impressive roster of prizes has not =

gone unnoticed by The New York Times: "Antonio Pompa-Baldi possesses 22
prizes and dazzle," wrote Allan Kozinn. "He is a poised, assured player
with a solid technique. He negotiated dense, contrapuntal textures easily,
with speed and clarity . . . [and] closed the program with a virtuosic
flourish." Pompa-Baldi, most recently a silver medalist in the 11th Van
Cliburn International Piano Competition in 2001 and winner of the first
prize at the 1999 Cleveland International Piano Competition, was a member
of Oberlin=3Fs faculty in 2001-2002.

**event update**

Mr. Pompa-Baldi's program of Mozart=3Fs Sonata in F Major, K332; two works =
by
Chopin--Sonata No. 2, Op. 35 in B-flat minor and Barcarolle, Op.
60--Grieg=3Fs Suite ("Aus Holbergs Zeit"); and Ginastera=3Fs Sonata No. 1, =
Op.
22 in A minor will be broadc ast live on WCLV, 104.9 FM.

Mr. Pompa-Baldi will be available following the concert to autograph his CD =

recordings, which may be purchased in the lobby before and after the
performance and during intermission.

To learn more about Oberlin's Artist Recital Series, visit:

http://www.oberlin.edu/arseries/schedule.htm

(Click on "How to Order Tickets" and scroll down to "Bonus Concerts!")

I hope you will find this information useful as you plan future stories and =

articles about the music world. Should you have any questions or comments,
please let me know. I would love to hear from you.

Best wishes,

Marci

__________________________________
Marci Janas
Director of Conservatory Media Relations
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
77 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074
vox: 440-775-8328
fax: 440-776-3006
marci.janas at oberlin.edu
www.oberlin.edu
--==========01283195==========

electronic digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory of Music =
at Oberlin College.

Please visit our website for the latest news and features from Oberlin:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con

For a listing of the season's upcoming concerts and recitals, please view =
our electronic calendar:

http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl

world-class music?</color>

[...]

Op. 22 in A minor <underline>will be broadc ast live on WCLV, 104.9 =
FM.</underline>

Mr. Pompa-Baldi will be available following the concert to autograph his CD =
recordings, which may be purchased in the lobby before and after the =
performance and during intermission.</color>

marci.janas at oberlin.edu

www.oberlin.edu</flushleft></fontfamily>