[NEohioPAL]Royalty-Free Director's Special Available: "Hedda" Needs a Home!

Marifrances Conrad lakeerieplayers at lycos.com
Tue Sep 10 07:18:30 PDT 2002

Hello, Northeast Ohio Theatre and Arts Supporter!

I am writing to see if your theatre is able to provide a home for "Hedda" -- Henrik Ibsen's classic drama, "Hedda Gabler", that is.

I am looking for an area theatre that has a time slot open for a royalty-free director's special production of "Hedda Gabler" to be rehearsed and staged anytime between the months of January through April of 2003. The show is also available as a summer director's
special to be rehearsed and staged July through August of 2003.

As you probably already know, "Hedda Gabler" has been revived on Broadway and current interest in the play is strong. Ibsen's amazing play was groundbreaking in the nineteenth-century and remains innovative and controversial in nature even today. The drama is an unforgettable mélange of intrigue, desperation, female subjugation, class war,
and family strife. Hedda herself is an extraordinarily dazzling, complex female character bravely created during a time period when women in plays were expected to be cardboard cutouts, nothing more.

"Hedda Gabler" is a brilliant play that has existed in relative obscurity for far too long. Community theatre audiences deserve to see this haunting work. It is time to bring "Hedda Gabler" into the mainstream so that everyone may experience the power of Ibsen's story. Won't your theatre consider hosting this astonishing drama? Financially, "Hedda" is a real bargain -- the play has passed into the public domain and no royalties need to be paid for its use.

The cast is small and the set is relatively simple. In fact, "Hedda" is ideal for a black-box theatre or a second stage production. Ticket sales will be high because the play is extremely popular on Broadway right now. Finally, I am dedicated to this play, and as an experienced director I will direct a vibrant production your audience members won't soon forget.

Thank you for your time and consideration! Please email me at lakeerieplayers at lycos.com or call me at (440) 346-8559 if you are interested in this project. I will be happy to forward you a copy of my directing resume. I will look forward to hearing that Hedda has found a home soon!

Sincerely,
Marifrances Conrad, Director