[NEohioPAL]Hudson Players Announce Auditions for Man of La Mancha

Gary Maher gmaher at safetythink.com
Mon Oct 28 14:23:17 PST 2002

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C27E90.8BC5ED70

 Hudson Players Announce Auditions for Man of La Mancha
The Hudson Players have announced auditions for the storied musical Man =
of La Mancha to be held at The Barlow Community Center, on Oviatt St. in =
Hudson, November 3 & 4 at 7:30 p.m. All roles are open. Performance =
dates are scheduled for February 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 23, 28 & March 1. =
Additional information is available by calling 330-655-8522. Anyone =
interested in serving on the set or backstage crew is also encouraged to =
attend or contact the group with their area of interest.

Directed by well known area director Wayne Merholtz of Cleveland, Man of =
La Mancha is a remarkable show and one of the great theatre successes of =
our time. It is a play-within-a-play, based on Cervantes' "Don Quixote." =
Man of La Mancha tells the poignant story of a dying old man whoe =
impossible dream takes over his mind. It's All the Same, I, Don Quixote, =
Dulcinea, I'm Only Thinking of Him, The Impossible Dream, I Really Like =
Him and Little Bird remain in your thoughts and in your soul well after =
the show is over. Man of La Mancha is a comic tragedy of mankind's =
struggle to better both himself and the world in which he lives. Man of =
La Mancha was the biggest hit of the 1965 Broadway season, when it took =
Tony Awards for best musical, score, and libretto.

All those auditioning should have a song prepared, with sheet music =
provided for the accompanist. Auditioners may also be asked to =
participate in simple movement exercises and should come dressed =
comfortably. Roles range in age from 18 - 70 and include 11 men, 5 women =
and a chorus.

Participation with the Hudson Players is open to all. Currently the =
theater is presenting the comedy Dearly Departed Friday and Saturday =
evenings until November 16. Call 330-655-8522 for ticket information and =
additional audition information.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C27E90.8BC5ED70

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG> <SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Hudson Players =
Announce=20
Auditions for <I>Man of La Mancha</I><?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D =

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
/><o:p></o:p></SPAN></STRONG></FONT>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">The Hudson Players =
have=20
announced auditions for the storied musical <I>Man of La Mancha</I> to =
be held=20
at The Barlow Community Center, on Oviatt St. in Hudson, November 3 =
& 4 at=20
7:30 p.m. All roles are open. Performance dates are scheduled for =
February 7, 8,=20
14, 15, 21, 22, 23, 28 & March 1. Additional information is =
available by=20
calling 330-655-8522. Anyone interested in serving on the set or =
backstage crew=20
is also encouraged to attend or contact the group with their area of=20
interest.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Directed by well =
known area=20
director Wayne Merholtz of Cleveland, <I>Man of La Mancha</I> is a =
remarkable=20
show and one of the great theatre successes of our time. It is a=20
play-within-a-play, based on Cervantes’ “Don Quixote.” =
<I>Man of La Mancha</I>=20
tells the poignant story of a dying old man whoe impossible dream takes =
over his=20
mind. <I>It’s All the Same, I, Don Quixote, Dulcinea, I’m =
Only Thinking of Him,=20
The Impossible Dream, I Really Like Him</I> and <I>Little Bird</I> =
remain in=20
your thoughts and in your soul well after the show is over. <I>Man of La =

Mancha</I> is a comic tragedy of mankind’s struggle to better both =
himself and=20
the world in which he lives. <I>Man of La Mancha</I> was the biggest hit =
of the=20
1965 Broadway season, when it took Tony Awards for best musical, score, =
and=20
libretto.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoBodyText><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>All those auditioning =
should have a=20
song prepared, with sheet music provided for the accompanist. =
Auditioners may=20
also be asked to participate in simple movement exercises and should =
come=20
dressed comfortably. Roles range in age from 18 – 70 and include =
11 men, 5 women=20
and a chorus.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><FONT =
size=3D3>Participation=20
with the Hudson Players is open to all. Currently the theater is =
presenting the=20
comedy <I>Dearly Departed</I> </FONT>Friday and Saturday evenings until =
November=20
16. Call 330-655-8522 for ticket information and additional audition=20
information.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C27E90.8BC5ED70--