[NEohioPAL]Cleveland Theater Collective News

MargLynch at aol.com MargLynch at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 08:09:02 PST 2002

--part1_174.12388ebf.2b0de833_boundary

CTC NEWS            ON  NOVEMBER 15, 2002
Contents:
Membership
CTC Forum December 16:  Communicating our Message
Coming Soon
CTC is . . .
Membership Registration Form

Membership: Renew or Join NOW!
Promote.  Advocate.  Connect.  Inform.  Develop.  Support.  These are some of
the verbs associated with the mission and activities of the Cleveland Theater
Collective.  Formed in 2000 to promote the professional development of
Cleveland-area theater artists, CTC continues to evolve in response to needs
articulated by area theater professionals.  Your membership is vital because
it tells potential funders that there is a constituency for the work that CTC
is striving to do.  Your membership offers you access to:

*WORKSHOPS FOR CTC MEMBERS
*NETWORKING EVENTS AND FORUMS
*DISCOUNTS to area theaters, workshops offered by area instructors, and to a
growing number of services such as Y membership and  health insurance
*A WEBSITE with information pertinent to  professional theater artists
*COLLECTIVE ADVOCACY for the theater community in conjunction with other arts
groups.
*STIPENDS for theater professionals.

Some of these programs are embryonic at present, but with your help we can
continue to grow.  The specifics of how to join and how much it costs can be
found on the attached membership form.  For the first time, discounts will be
available to members of other professional unions and societies, such as AEA,
AFTRA, SAG, USITT, SSDC Dramatists Guild, LMDA, IAATSE, VASTA, and the
Musician's Union. Let us know if we have forgotten anyone.

CTC Forum: December 16
Now is a time of crisis and consequently a time of  opportunity.  Cleveland's
straightened and shifting economy affects us all, theaters and individual
theater artists alike.  And yet, the arts are currently being touted as one
of the area's most valuable assets.  There's talk and action toward building
a coalition of support for putting public funding for the arts on a
county-wide ballot in the near future.  We want theater artists to be active
participants in articulating the needs and visions of Cleveland's "creative
class."  CTC's quarterly forums will allow the theater community to discuss
topics of immediate interest and to develop action plans.

WHAT:       CTC FORUM
WHEN:       Monday, December 16, 7-9 pm
WHERE:  Cleveland Play House Studio One
HOW MUCH:   Free to CTC Members; $5 for non-members or join at the door
TOPICS: Theater Advocacy: Cleveland 2003
               Communicating our Message
GUESTS:    Community Partnership for Arts and Culture representative on the
state of the arts in Cleveland.
                   Jeff Syroney, director of Public Relations for Cleveland
Public Theater, on our response to the changing media landscape in northeast
Ohio.

Coming Soon
Plans for 2003 are in process, and include:
* QUARTERLY FORUMS on topics of immediate interest to the theater community.
The first one will take place on December 16 and is described above.
*  WORKSHOPS, such as
    Q & A with Scenic Designer John Ezell
     PACT Audition coaching and Actors Sessions with Brian Zoldessy
     The Professional Package, a professional services mart
      Others to be announced shortly.
*  A GREATLY IMPROVED WEBSITE with expanded and more useful directory
features and an online newsletter.

CTC is . . .
Most of you know that CTC has been launched and managed by writer Margaret
Lynch and actor Fred Gloor, with lots of assistance from many of you.  This
year, we anticipate having more help.  Actor and composer Jay Kim will
shepherd special projects and serve as CTC's institutional liaison.  We
intend to  announce more progress toward institutionalizing during the coming
year.

CTC REGISTRATION: 2003 MEMBERSHIP

Fill out this form to become a CTC member.  Mail, with check payable to
Cleveland Theater Collective, to:
                        Margaret Lynch
                        Cleveland Theater Collective
                        17115 Ernadale Avenue
                        Cleveland, Ohio 44111

Member's Name:      __________________________________________________

Mailing Address:        __________________________________________________

City, State, Zip:           __________________________________________________

Phone Number(s):        __________________________________________________

                Can your phone # be listed in Members Directory?    _____

E-Mail Address:         __________________________________________________

                Can your e-mail address be listed in Members Directory?
_____

Website Address:        __________________________________________________

                Can your web address be listed in Members Directory?    _____

Circle categories that apply to you as a theater artist:    Actor
Director    Writer

Designer    Choreographer   Producer    Stage Manager   Technical   Educator
Other

    PAYMENT ENCLOSED

MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
2003 Membership Fee:  Early renewal for 2002 Members before December 1

                   $15      _____
OR
2003 Membership Fee: For new members and renewals after December 1

                   $20      _____
OR
2003 Membership Fee: after December 1, discounted, with proof of membership,
for members of other professional unions and societies, such as AEA, AFTRA,
SAG, USITT, SSDC Dramatists Guild, LMDA, IAATSE, VASTA, the Musician's Union.

      $15       ______

                                                       TOTAL ENCLOSED   _____

--part1_174.12388ebf.2b0de833_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2><B>CTC NEWS            ON  NOVEMBER 15, 2002</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B>
<BR>Contents:
<BR>Membership
<BR>CTC Forum December 16:  Communicating our Message
<BR>Coming Soon
<BR>CTC is . . .
<BR>Membership Registration Form
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B><U>Membership: Renew or Join NOW!</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></U>
<BR>Promote.  Advocate.  Connect.  Inform.  Develop.  Support.  These are some of the verbs associated with the mission and activities of the Cleveland Theater Collective.  Formed in 2000 to promote the professional development of Cleveland-area theater artists, CTC continues to evolve in response to needs articulated by area theater professionals.  Your membership is vital because it tells potential funders that there is a constituency for the work that CTC is striving to do.  Your membership offers you access to:
<BR>
<BR>*WORKSHOPS FOR CTC MEMBERS
<BR>*NETWORKING EVENTS AND FORUMS
<BR>*DISCOUNTS to area theaters, workshops offered by area instructors, and to a growing number of services such as Y membership and  health insurance
<BR>*A WEBSITE with information pertinent to  professional theater artists
<BR>*COLLECTIVE ADVOCACY for the theater community in conjunction with other arts groups.
<BR>*STIPENDS for theater professionals.
<BR>
<BR>Some of these programs are embryonic at present, but with your help we can continue to grow.  The specifics of how to join and how much it costs can be found on the attached membership form.  For the first time, discounts will be available to members of other professional unions and societies, such as AEA, AFTRA, SAG, USITT, SSDC Dramatists Guild, LMDA, IAATSE, VASTA, and the Musician's Union. Let us know if we have forgotten anyone.
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B><U>CTC Forum: December 16</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></U>
<BR>Now is a time of crisis and consequently a time of  opportunity.  Cleveland's straightened and shifting economy affects us all, theaters and individual theater artists alike.  And yet, the arts are currently being touted as one of the area's most valuable assets.  There's talk and action toward building a coalition of support for putting public funding for the arts on a  county-wide ballot in the near future.  We want theater artists to be active participants in articulating the needs and visions of Cleveland's "creative class."  CTC's quarterly forums will allow the theater community to discuss topics of immediate interest and to develop action plans.
<BR>
<BR>WHAT:       CTC FORUM
<BR>WHEN:       Monday, December 16, 7-9 pm
<BR>WHERE:  Cleveland Play House Studio One
<BR>HOW MUCH:   Free to CTC Members; $5 for non-members or join at the door
<BR>TOPICS: Theater Advocacy: Cleveland 2003
<BR>               Communicating our Message
<BR>GUESTS:    Community Partnership for Arts and Culture representative on the state of the arts in Cleveland.
<BR>                   Jeff Syroney, director of Public Relations for Cleveland Public Theater, on our response to the changing media landscape in northeast Ohio.
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B><U>Coming Soon</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></U>
<BR>Plans for 2003 are in process, and include:
<BR>* QUARTERLY FORUMS on topics of immediate interest to the theater community.  The first one will take place on December 16 and is described above.
<BR>*  WORKSHOPS, such as
<BR>    Q & A with Scenic Designer John Ezell
<BR>     PACT Audition coaching and Actors Sessions with Brian Zoldessy
<BR>     The Professional Package, a professional services mart
<BR>      Others to be announced shortly.
<BR>*  A GREATLY IMPROVED WEBSITE with expanded and more useful directory features and an online newsletter.
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B><U>CTC is . . . </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></U>
<BR>Most of you know that CTC has been launched and managed by writer Margaret Lynch and actor Fred Gloor, with lots of assistance from many of you.  This year, we anticipate having more help.  Actor and composer Jay Kim will shepherd special projects and serve as CTC's institutional liaison.  We intend to  announce more progress toward institutionalizing during the coming year.
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B><U>CTC REGISTRATION: 2003 MEMBERSHIP</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></U>
<BR>
<BR>Fill out this form to become a CTC member.  Mail, with check payable to Cleveland Theater Collective, to:
<BR>                        Margaret Lynch
<BR>                        Cleveland Theater Collective
<BR>                        17115 Ernadale Avenue
<BR>                        Cleveland, Ohio 44111
<BR>
<BR>Member's Name:      __________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>Mailing Address:        __________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>City, State, Zip:           __________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>Phone Number(s):        __________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>                Can your phone # be listed in Members Directory?    _____
<BR>
<BR>E-Mail Address:         __________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>                Can your e-mail address be listed in Members Directory?     _____
<BR>
<BR>Website Address:        __________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>                Can your web address be listed in Members Directory?    _____
<BR>
<BR>Circle categories that apply to you as a theater artist:    Actor       Director    Writer
<BR>
<BR>Designer    Choreographer   Producer    Stage Manager   Technical   Educator    Other
<BR>
<BR>    PAYMENT ENCLOSED
<BR>
<BR>MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
<BR>2003 Membership Fee:  Early renewal for 2002 Members before December 1
<BR>                                                                                                 $15      _____
<BR>OR
<BR>2003 Membership Fee: For new members and renewals after December 1
<BR>OR
<BR>2003 Membership Fee: after December 1, discounted, with proof of membership, for members of other professional unions and societies, such as AEA, AFTRA, SAG, USITT, SSDC Dramatists Guild, LMDA, IAATSE, VASTA, the Musician's Union.                                                                                       $15       ______
<BR>
<BR>                                                       TOTAL ENCLOSED   _____
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_174.12388ebf.2b0de833_boundary--