[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas pjanas at oberlin.edu
Fri Nov 22 15:56:37 PST 2002

--==========01342421==========

Hello, everyone.

Here is your weekly digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory =

of Music at Oberlin College.

In case you missed Wendell Logan's "Ask Your Mama" earlier this
week--either live in Finney Chapel or live on WCPN 90.3 FM, you have
another chance. This Sunday, Nov. 24, WCPN will repeat the broadcast of
"Ask Your Mama." The program will air between 1 and 3 p.m. on JAZZTRACKS,
hosted by Bobby Jackson.

*******

Oberlin College's Songs for the Journey:  A Festival of Hymns to be
Broadcast on Thanksgiving Day by WCLV-FM and Classic Pops 1420 AM

Program to be Syndicated and Broadcast on More Than 70 Radio Outlets
Nationwide

OBERLIN MEDIA CONTACT: Marci Janas 		WCLV MEDIA CONTACT: Patty  Sulik
(440) 775-8328//marci.janas at oberlin.edu		(216) 464-0900//psulik at wclv.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:			November 22, 2002

OBERLIN, OHIO =3F Songs for the Journey: A Festival of Hymns, recorded in
concert at Oberlin College's Finney Chapel, will be broadcast Thanksgiving
Day on WCLV-FM and Classic Pops 1420 AM. The one-hour special features more =

than 1,000 voices and 50 northeast Ohio church and community choirs as well =

as the choral ensembles of the Oberlin Conservatory of Music. The director
is John Ferguson, professor of organ and cantor to the student congregation =

at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. Dr. Ferguson, who received
his undergraduate degree from the Oberlin Conservatory, also performs on
the Kay Africa Memorial organ, built and designed by C.B. Fisk, in Finney
Chapel.

Classic Pops 1420 AM will broadcast Songs for the Journey Thanksgiving Day
at 11 a.m. and WCLV-FM 104.9 will carry the program at 1 p.m.

The selection of hymns ranges from the familiar -- Amazing Grace and Shall
We Gather at the River -- to the less commonly heard -- the Native American =

Many and Great and Now Open Your Ears.

The host is Robert Conrad, commentator for The Cleveland Orchestra radio
broadcasts. The program will also be heard worldwide on wclv.com, and
WCLV=3Fs syndication arm, WCLV/Seaway Productions, is distributing Songs =
for
the Journey to more than 70 radio outlets across the country.

The Oberlin Conservatory of Music, founded in 1865, became part of Oberlin
College in 1867. It is the oldest, continuously operating conservatory in
the United States, and is renowned internationally as a professional music
school of the highest caliber situated within the intellectual vitality of
a liberal arts college.

# # #

Media Contact Only:
Marci Janas			440-775-8328/marci.janas at oberlin.edu		11/22/02 #11 mj

For other news and features from Oberlin, please visit our web site:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con/

And log-on to our electronic calendar of events for a complete listing of
upcoming concerts and recitals:

http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl

I hope that you find this information useful as you plan your coverage of
the music world. Should you have any questions or comments, please let me
know. I would love to hear from you.

(Don't look for the digest next week. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! See you =

on Dec. 6!)

Marci Janas
Director of Conservatory Media Relations
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
39 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074
vox: 440-775-8328
fax: 440-776-3006
marci.janas at oberlin.edu
www.oberlin.edu
--==========01342421==========

Here is your weekly digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory =
of Music at Oberlin College.

In case you missed Wendell Logan's "Ask Your Mama" earlier this =
week--either live in Finney Chapel or live on WCPN 90.3 FM, you have =
WCPN will repeat the broadcast of "Ask Your Mama." The program will air =
between 1 and 3 p.m. on JAZZTRACKS, hosted by Bobby Jackson.</color>

*******

<bold>Oberlin College's <italic>Songs for the Journey:  A Festival of =
Hymns</italic> to be Broadcast on Thanksgiving Day by WCLV-FM and Classic =
Pops 1420 AM

<italic>Program to be Syndicated and Broadcast on More Than 70 Radio =
Outlets Nationwide</italic></bold>

OBERLIN MEDIA CONTACT: Marci Janas 		WCLV MEDIA CONTACT: Patty  Sulik

(440) 775-8328//marci.janas at oberlin.edu		(216) 464-0900//psulik at wclv.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:			November 22, 2002

OBERLIN, OHIO =3F <italic>Songs for the Journey: A Festival of =
Hymns</italic>, recorded in concert at Oberlin College's Finney Chapel, =
will be broadcast Thanksgiving Day on WCLV-FM and Classic Pops 1420 AM. The =
one-hour special features more than 1,000 voices and 50 northeast Ohio =
church and community choirs as well as the choral ensembles of the Oberlin =
Conservatory of Music. The director is John Ferguson, professor of organ =
and cantor to the student congregation at St. Olaf College in Northfield, =
Minnesota. Dr. Ferguson, who received his undergraduate degree from the =
Oberlin Conservatory, also performs on the Kay Africa Memorial organ, built =
and designed by C.B. Fisk, in Finney Chapel.

Classic Pops 1420 AM will broadcast Songs for the Journey Thanksgiving Day =
at 11 a.m. and WCLV-FM 104.9 will carry the program at 1 p.m.

The selection of hymns ranges from the familiar -- <italic>Amazing =
less commonly heard -- the Native American <italic>Many and Great</italic> =
and <italic>Now Open Your Ears</italic>.

The host is Robert Conrad, commentator for The Cleveland Orchestra radio =
broadcasts. The program will also be heard worldwide on wclv.com, and =
WCLV=3Fs syndication arm, WCLV/Seaway Productions, is distributing =
<italic>Songs for the Journey</italic> to more than 70 radio outlets across =

marci.janas at oberlin.edu

www.oberlin.edu</flushleft></fontfamily>