[NEohioPAL]CPT presents Vaudeville 2002: A Time For Peace this weekend

Jeff Syroney jsyroney at cptonline.org
Thu Dec 19 21:15:37 PST 2002

------=_NextPart_000_013A_01C2A796.BA24C4A0

Vaudeville 2002: A Time For Peace

at Cleveland Public Theatre

December 20-21, 2002 at 8:00pm

Special VaudevilleKidz performance on Saturday December 21, 2002 at 2:00pm

As we slide ever closer to war, take time out this weekend to join your
community to reflect on what we can accomplish if we place our efforts
towards understanding and peace.

Cleveland Public Theatre presents the glorious return of CPT’s oldest and
best loved tradition, Vaudeville 2002: A Time For Peace which runs Friday
December 20 and Saturday December 21, 2002 at 8 p.m. with a special
VaudevilleKidz matinee on Saturday December 21 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $6.00
for evening performances ($3.00 for students and seniors) and $3.00 for the
VaudevilleKidz matinee. For more box office information and to make
reservations, please call 216.631.2727.

Known as Cleveland's hokiest variety show, this year’s Vaudeville Showcase
features singers, dancers, comedians, musicians, magicians, tappers,
rappers, puppeteers, musketeers, animal acts, kid’s acts, circus acts,
acrobats, jugglers, poets and performance artists. "Vaudeville is in a
sense, Cleveland Public Theatre at its purest – the art is not always the
most sublime, but it is a true reflection of the wild creativity in the
Cleveland community. It is fun and hokie and sometimes brilliant and always
surprising." says Artistic Director James Levin. This year’s Vaudeville
Showcase is dedicated to the anti-war movement and efforts made towards
world peace. Featured acts include: The exotic belly dancing of Melissa
Bann, gospel with The Y-Haven Chorus, hip hop/poetry with Free Times Best Of
winner Jerrell ‘Snub’ Anderson and blues with Robert Williams, comedy by
Michael Chaselka, the Magic Hands of Sam Phillips, the music of Linda
Eisenstein, Jocelyn Chang’s cello, The children of Benjamin Franklin
elementary school on unicycles, The Gideon Female Barbershop Quartet and
poetry from two of Cleveland’s best loved poets, Daniel Thompson and Daniel
Gray-Kontar.

Jeff Syroney
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Cleveland Public Theatre
216.631.2727 ext. 203
jsyroney at cptonline.org
www.cptonline.org

------=_NextPart_000_013A_01C2A796.BA24C4A0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ff0000><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DJokerman size=3D6>Vaudeville 2002: A Time =
For=20
Peace</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D6>at Cleveland Public =
Theatre</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D6>December 20-21, 2002 at=20
8:00pm</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4><STRONG>Special =
VaudevilleKidz=20
performance on Saturday December 21, 2002 at 2:00pm</STRONG></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4></FONT> </P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4>As we slide ever closer to war, take time =
out this=20
weekend to join your community to reflect on what we can accomplish if =
we place=20
our efforts towards understanding and peace.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4>Cleveland Public Theatre presents the =
glorious return=20
of CPT=92s oldest and best loved tradition, Vaudeville 2002: A Time For =
Peace=20
which runs Friday December 20 and Saturday December 21, 2002 at 8 p.m. =
with a=20
special VaudevilleKidz matinee on Saturday December 21 at 2 p.m. Tickets =
are=20
$6.00 for evening performances ($3.00 for students and seniors) and =
$3.00 for=20
the VaudevilleKidz matinee. For more box office information and to make=20
reservations, please call 216.631.2727.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4>Known as Cleveland's hokiest variety =
show, this=20
year=92s Vaudeville Showcase features singers, dancers, comedians, =
musicians,=20
magicians, tappers, rappers, puppeteers, musketeers, animal acts, =
kid=92s acts,=20
circus acts, acrobats, jugglers, poets and performance artists. =
"Vaudeville is=20
in a sense, Cleveland Public Theatre at its purest =96 the art is not =
always the=20
most sublime, but it is a true reflection of the wild creativity in the=20
Cleveland community. It is fun and hokie and sometimes brilliant and =
always=20
surprising." says Artistic Director James Levin. This year=92s =
Vaudeville Showcase=20
is dedicated to the anti-war movement and efforts made towards world =
peace.=20
Featured acts include: The exotic belly dancing of Melissa Bann, gospel =
with The=20
Y-Haven Chorus, hip hop/poetry with Free Times Best Of winner Jerrell =
=91Snub=92=20
Anderson and blues with Robert Williams, comedy by Michael Chaselka, the =
Magic=20
Hands of Sam Phillips, the music of Linda Eisenstein, Jocelyn Chang=92s =
cello, The=20
children of Benjamin Franklin elementary school on unicycles, The Gideon =
Female=20
Barbershop Quartet and poetry from two of Cleveland=92s best loved =
poets, Daniel=20
Thompson and Daniel Gray-Kontar. </FONT></P></FONT><BR><BR>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Jeff Syroney<BR>Director of Marketing and Public=20
Relations<BR>Cleveland Public Theatre<BR>216.631.2727 ext.=20
203<BR>jsyroney at cptonline.org<BR>www.cptonline.org</FONT> =
</P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_013A_01C2A796.BA24C4A0--