[NEohioPAL]Lysistrata Project -- Readings for Peace

Bodwin Theatre bodwin_theatre at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:19:00 PST 2003

List: I wanted to send a note to Fred's expansive list to update those
interested in participating in the Lysistrata Project, coast-to-coast
readings of Aristophanes' Lysistrata to support peaceful resolution in Iraq.
  Theaters across the country are doing what they do every week – presenting
the written word to the public, asking them to look at it in a new,
contemporary light.
Performances are scheduled for 8:00 on Monday, March 3rd and, as of last
count, over 300 theaters around the country (and some overseas)have
committed to host readings. Locally, three projects are underway and those
interested are welcome to join in the activities.  The Cleveland area
projects will be held at:
Ensemble Theater at the Civic in Cleveland Heights (Lee Rd and Mayfield
Avenue);
Pilgrim Congregational Church in Tremont, on Cleveland's westside (West 14th
Street and Starkweather Avenue); and
The Powerhouse, on the westbank of the Cuyahoga River, sponsored by Alliance
Productions, a film/television/theater group, operating on Cleveland's
westside.
To get involved in the Ensemble Project, contact Susan Petrone (Stagewriters
Collective) directly (petrone at urban.csuohio.edu; w: 216/687-9304 or h:
216/291-2214). For the other projects or general information, contact me
(216/361-9090). For additional, national information, you can contact the
Lysistrata Project (www.lysistrataproject.org).
I want to encourage the theater community to join in this effort at
political and community engagement, either on stage or in the audience.
Thanks for your time and interest.

Kevin Cronin
Bodwin Theatre Company
Cleveland, Ohio