[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas pjanas at oberlin.edu
Fri Feb 28 15:37:06 PST 2003

Hello, everyone.

Here is your weekly digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory
of Music.

Please visit our web site

http://www.oberlin.edu/con

to read about:

* Conservatory faculty member and alumnus Robert Spano's triple-crown win
-- with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra -- at last Sunday's GRAMMY awards.
And visit our "Listening Room" for excerpts from their award-winning
recording of Ralph Vaughan Williams' A SEA SYMPHONY, with a review-essay by
Mark Satola.

* The 50th anniversary of the legendary album JAZZ AT OBERLIN, recorded
live in Finney Chapel on March 2, 1953.

* Pianist Daniela Flonta, a winner of Oberlin's Concerto Competition this
year. She performs tonight at 8 p.m., with the Oberlin Orchestra, conducted
by Steven Smith, in a free concert in Finney Chapel. She's featured in
"Oberlin Portrait."

For the latest word on upcoming events, please visit our electronic
calendar at:

http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl

I hope you find this digest useful as you prepare stories and programming
about the music world.
Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with
me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Until next week...all the best!

--Marci

Marci Janas
Director of Conservatory Media Relations
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
39 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074
vox: 440-775-8328