[NEohioPAL]Classis Shakespeare at Weathervane Playhouse -- HAMLET

WcpAkron at aol.com WcpAkron at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 15:02:27 PST 2003

--part1_198.16913989.2b951b00_boundary

WEATHERVANE'S YOUTH THEATRE
Presents
Hamlet

(March 3, 2003, Akron, Ohio...For Immediate Release) Weathervane Playhouse=20
Youth Theatre will present the Shakespearean classic - Hamlet, March 15=20
through 29, 2003, Saturdays and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.  Hamlet is a Project=20
STAGE production. Teacher and Student Study Guides are available and in-clas=
s=20
discussion can be arranged through Weathervane's Education Department.=20
Daytime school performances are scheduled for March 18, 21, 25 & 28 at 10:00=
=20
a.m.

Weathervane's Youth Theatre production of Shakespeare's Hamlet is an exercis=
e=20
in absolutes.  Love, hate, betrayal, passion, madness and revenge -- the=20
tragic events of our modern world and this play -- are predicated on these=20
simple concepts.  Moreover, who better to explore them than a teenager, a=20
person at the verge of understanding his place in the world?  The=20
cast-members are asked to bring the passion and naivet=E9 of youth to their=20
roles and create an engaging version of the world's most famous play. As=20
actors and people, this young cast faces the challenges of surviving life in=
=20
the 21st century and are still attempting to find a balance and peace in=20
their lives. This production of Hamlet is set in a modern prep school.  The=20
characters endure the same obstacles that hinder today's young people in=20
their struggle to "figure it all out": relationships with parents and peers,=
=20
violence, drugs, sexuality, discrimination, identity and self worth.  The=20
idea behind this concept is that what divides us -- hatred and fears -- will=
=20
eventually destroy us all. The actors are learning full stage combat from a=20
certified fight coordinator. Ernest Kiraly has created complex, exciting and=
=20
brutally realistic stage combat that challenges the actors and will thrill=20
the audience. To create a fully realized production of Hamlet, we are=20
confronting issues of today to tell the most universal of all stories.  This=
=20
production will leave the audience thinking about what they believe, and=20
remembering what is was like to be young and in love and full of confusion.

Hamlet is directed by Weathervane's Director of Education, Sean McConaha. =20
McConaha holds a dual major in Theater Performance and Pre Law from West=20
Virginia Wesleyan College and a Masters of Arts in Acting/Directing from The=
=20
University of Akron.  He is co-founder of the Prodigal Theatre Company and i=
s=20
a free-lance actor and director throughout Northeastern Ohio.  He directed=20
the OCTA award winning Romeo and Juliet as well as Our Town for Weathervane'=
s=20
Youth Theatre program. Sean has also directed on the Weathervane mainstage,=20
the successful productions of The Glass Menagerie, The Chosen and won the=20
Chanticleer award for best production for The King of the Kosher Grocers.
Cast for Hamlet:

Jarrod Pedicino        Hamlet          TWINSBURG HIGH SCHOOL
Lindsay Eshleman    Ophelia        CUYAHOGA VALLEY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
Robert Keith           Claudius CLINTON, OHIO
Marci Paolucci         Gertrude CUYAHOGA FALLS, OHIO
Ryan Stevenson  Laertes        HOMESCHOOLED
David Freeman          Polonious     STOW, OHIO
Ruben Ryan         Horatio         HOMESCHOOLED
Daniel Baird           Rosencrantz  HOMESCHOOLED
Sarah Kormushoff    Guildenstern    LITCHFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL
Matt Devus               Marcellus/Player King  GREEN HIGH SCHOOL
Nick Spinelli          Gravedigger/Osric    CUYAHOGA FALLS HIGH SCHOOL
Ellen Bauer              Gravedigger/ Reynaldo  WALSH JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
Aaron Jameyson  Player Queen    MILLER SOUTH SCHOOL

Backstage:
Sean McConaha   Director
Lindsey Jameyson    Stage Manager
Suzanne Graham  Dramaturg
Alan Scott Ferrall  Scenic Designer/ Lighting Designer
Clyde Shaw  Prop Master
Sandra Harding  Co-Costume Design
Suzanne Graham  Co-Costume Design
Barry Adaska    Sound Design
        =20
The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to=20
encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural enrichment for=20
all Ohioans.
Season Sponsor: WKSU, PAX-TV
Project STAGE sponsored by Target Stores and the Sisler McFawn Foundation

--part1_198.16913989.2b951b00_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff=
" SIZE=3D4>WEATHERVANE'S YOUTH THEATRE</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=
=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">
<BR>Presents
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff" SIZE=3D4 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Ar=
ial" LANG=3D"0">Hamlet</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SAN=
SSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>
<BR>(March 3, 2003, Akron, Ohio...For Immediate Release) Weathervane Playhou=
se Youth Theatre will present the Shakespearean classic - <B><I>Hamlet</B></=
I>, March 15 through 29, 2003, Saturdays and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.  <B><=
I>Hamlet </B></I>is a <B>Project STAGE </B>production. Teacher and Student S=
tudy Guides are available and in-class discussion can be arranged through We=
athervane's Education Department. Daytime school performances are scheduled=20=
for March 18, 21, 25 & 28 at 10:00 a.m.
<BR>
<BR>Weathervane's Youth Theatre production of Shakespeare's <B><I>Hamlet</B>=
</I> is an exercise in absolutes.  Love, hate, betrayal, passion, madne=
ss and revenge -- the tragic events of our modern world and this play -- are=
 predicated on these simple concepts.  Moreover, who better to explore=20=
them than a teenager, a person at the verge of understanding his place in th=
e world?  The cast-members are asked to bring the passion and naivet=
=E9 of youth to their roles and create an engaging version of the world's mo=
st famous play. As actors and people, this young cast faces the challenges o=
f surviving life in the 21st century and are still attempting to find a bala=
nce and peace in their lives. This production of <B><I>Hamlet </B></I>is set=
 in a modern prep school.  The characters endure the same obstacles tha=
t hinder today's young people in their struggle to "figure it all out": rela=
tionships with parents and peers, violence, drugs, sexuality, discrimination=
, identity and self worth.  The idea behind this concept is that what d=
ivides us -- hatred and fears -- will eventually destroy us all. The actors=20=
are learning full stage combat from a certified fight coordinator. <B>Ernest=
 Kiraly</B> has created complex, exciting and brutally realistic stage comba=
t that challenges the actors and will thrill the audience. To create a fully=
 realized production of Hamlet, we are confronting issues of today to tell t=
he most universal of all stories.  This production will leave the audie=
nce thinking about what they believe, and remembering what is was like to be=
 young and in love and full of confusion.
<BR>
<BR><B><I>Hamlet </B></I>is directed by Weathervane's Director of Education,=
 <B>Sean McConaha</B>.  McConaha holds a dual major in Theater Performa=
nce and Pre Law from West Virginia Wesleyan College and a Masters of Arts in=
 Acting/Directing from The University of Akron.  He is co-founder of th=
e Prodigal Theatre Company and is a free-lance actor and director throughout=
 Northeastern Ohio.  He directed the OCTA award winning <I>Romeo and Ju=
liet</I> as well as <I>Our Town</I> for Weathervane's Youth Theatre program.=
 Sean has also directed on the Weathervane mainstage, the successful product=
ions of <I>The Glass Menagerie</I>, <I>The Chosen</I> and won the Chanticlee=
r award for best production for <I>The King of the Kosher Grocers</I>.
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER>Cast for <B><I>Hamlet</B></I>:
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>
<BR>Jarrod Pedicino        Hamlet     &nb=
sp;    TWINSBURG HIGH SCHOOL
<BR>Lindsay Eshleman    Ophelia        CUYAHOG=
A VALLEY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
<BR>Robert Keith           Claudius CLINTON, O=
HIO
<BR>Marci Paolucci         Gertrude CUYAHOGA F=
ALLS, OHIO
<BR>Ryan Stevenson  Laertes        HOMESCHOOLE=
<BR>David Freeman          Polonious     STOW,=
 OHIO
<BR>Ruben Ryan         Horatio     &=
nbsp;   HOMESCHOOLED
<BR>Daniel Baird           Rosencrantz  HOMESC=
HOOLED
<BR>Sarah Kormushoff    Guildenstern    LITCHFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL
<BR>Matt Devus            &nbsp=
;  Marcellus/Player King  GREEN HIGH SCHOOL
<BR>Nick Spinelli          Gravedigger/Osric =20=
  CUYAHOGA FALLS HIGH SCHOOL
<BR>Ellen Bauer           &nbsp=
;  Gravedigger/ Reynaldo  WALSH JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
<BR>Aaron Jameyson  Player Queen    MILLER SOUTH SCHOOL
<BR>
<BR>Backstage:
<BR>Sean McConaha   Director
<BR>Lindsey Jameyson    Stage Manager
<BR>Suzanne Graham  Dramaturg
<BR>Alan Scott Ferrall  Scenic Designer/ Lighting Designer
<BR>Clyde Shaw  Prop Master
<BR>Sandra Harding  Co-Costume Design
<BR>Suzanne Graham  Co-Costume Design
<BR>Barry Adaska    Sound Design
<BR>        =20
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><I>The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with=
 state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, education excellence and cu=
ltural enrichment for all Ohioans.
<BR>Season Sponsor: WKSU, PAX-TV
<BR>Project STAGE sponsored by Target Stores and the Sisler McFawn Foundatio=
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT></I>
<BR></P></P></P></P></P></P></FONT></HTML>

--part1_198.16913989.2b951b00_boundary--