[NEohioPAL]2-1 tickets for Opening Weekend, Dobama's "In the Blood"

Joyce Casey jcasey at dobama.org
Wed Mar 5 23:46:14 PST 2003

Dear Fellow Artists,
    So many of us feel outraged yet powerless to halt this insane march
to war. I am proud that artists from around the world have collectively
risen in opposition.  I appreciate those of you who dreamed, planned,
and organized the activities that enabled Cleveland artists to have a
voice in this international effort.

Within this embattled world we are empowered to create and to
collectively celebrate these acts of creation.  We have all bemoaned our
declining attendance.  Can we criticize the general population if we as
artists have ceased to value the communal high achieved when we
collectively allow our hearts and minds to soar?

In union with New York and other cities around the country Dobama
Theatre invites you and a friend to attend a performance of "In the
Blood" by Suzan-Lori Parks this week-end for the price of one
admission.  I am very proud and excited to share this production with
you.  It has sass, style, and substance.  Please join me in celebrating
the talent, hard work, and joy of your fellow artists. We have
performances at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and a 7:30 performance  on
Sunday  that is "pay what you can".  Just mention that you saw this
notice on Fred's list to receive 2 tickets for the price of 1 on Friday
the 7th or Saturday the 8th.

I hope to see you at Dobama and at the other wonderful Cleveland arts
organizations.  Let's make sure that no other  organizations will  have
to close their seasons early!

With Love & Respect,

Joyce Casey