[NEohioPAL]LITERATURE AND ARTS FOR OUR TROOPS

shalene shimer shea099 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:08:04 PST 2003

Friends of the arts community:

A site has come to my attention that I think all of us can contribute to.
Books for Soldiers is a group which provides donated literature to our men
and women fighting overseas.  http://www.booksforsoldiers.com/

All types of literature are appreciated, as many soldiers have requests for
anything.  I think this a great opportunity for artists to send their gently
worn scriptbooks and play anthologies.  There is also a PayPal option for
those who would rather not part from their much loved copy of "Death of a
Salesman".  As a cousin of an officer currently stationed in N. Korea and
the daughter of a disabled American veteran, I hope that all of you will
peruse the site and can hopefully give in some way or form.  Whether you
support the effort that the soldiers are there for or not, we must remember
that as artists one of our goals is to nuture the mind and soul, and I think
of no better way to reach them than through this type of charity.

Thank you for your time.

Shalene