[NEohioPAL]Actors' Summit Opens THE ALL NIGHT STRUT!

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 21:01:15 PST 2003

--part1_32.3685e100.2bbb397b_boundary

For Immediate Release
For additional information contact:=20
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800

Hudson, Ohio April 1, 2003=20

Actors' Summit Theater presents
The All Night Strut!
on its Hudson stage
April 10 through April 27=20

Actors' Summit announces the opening of The All Night Strut! at its theater,=
=20
86 Owen Brown Street, one block north and two blocks west of the clocktower,=
=20
in downtown Hudson. A preview performance on Thursday, April 10, will be=20
followed by an 11-performance run, with a scheduled closing on Sunday, April=
=20
27.

The Revue
Sassy and sophisticated, The All Night Strut! features MaryJo Alexander,=20
Frank Jackman, Charles Martin Jr. and Anne Marie Pinto reminiscing about the=
=20
Great Depression, World War II and the postwar boom through such musical=20
classics as In the Mood, Tuxedo Junction, As Time Goes By and  Fascinating=20
Rhythm. The Toronto Globe and Mail has called the revue, which was conceived=
=20
and originally directed and choreographed by Fran Charnas, "a musical meltin=
g=20
pot of blues, swing, jazz, gospel and pop, that is heated to the boiling=20
point and then allowed to simmer."

The Cast=20
MaryJo Alexander is Associate Artistic Directorof Actors' Summit. Her most=20
recent stage appearance was at Actors' Summit in A Grand Night For Singing,=20
the critically acclaimed show that opened this year's season and was=20
subsequently extended. Other performances at Actors' Summit included leading=
=20
roles in Jacques Brel..., A Child's Christmas in Wales, and The Gingerbread=20
Lady. She has also appeared in major roles at Weathervane, Stan Hywet, and=20
Ensemble Theater.=20
=20
Frank Jackman has appeared as Teddy Roosevelt in Tintypes at Cain Park, at=20
the Carousel Dinner Theatre playing Christmas Morgan in The Unsinkable Molly=
=20
Brown. His favorite roles include: John Adams in 1776, Charlie Brown in=20
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Spettigue in Charley's Aunt.=20

Charles Martin Jr. is a theater major at Kent State University, having=20
transferred from Fisk University. Charles was seen at Porthouse Theatre in=20=
=E2=80=A6
Cuckoo's Nest, and has extensive performance credits at Fisk University.=20
Charles is a graduate of the Cleveland School of the Arts.

Anne Marie Pinto is making her first appearance at Actors' Summit. Anne Mari=
e=20
received her Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in acting from Kent State=20
University in May 2002 and has been seen in many Northeast Ohio theater=20
productions, including Annie, Oliver!, Brigadoon, Chicago, Man of LaMancha=20
and Parade.

The Playwright
Fran Charnas is a professor of musical theater at The Boston Conservatory. I=
n=20
addition to teaching and directing The BostonConservatory Summer Institute i=
n=20
Musical Theater, Charnas directs at various commercial, regional and=20
university theaters. She is also the co-author of the 1960s musical,=20
Sheboppin', creator of the post-World War II musical, In the Groove and is=20
preparing a musical based on the life of Ethel Waters.=20

The Production Team
Musical Director Marc Baker is active in the Cleveland theater world, most=20
recently as keyboard player in Smokey Joe's Cafe at the Beck Center and as=20
Musical Director for Falsettos, a fundraiser for the AIDS Taskforce. Playing=
=20
bass will be Tim Keo, who returns for his eighth Actors'Summit production,=20
most recently as Fancourt Babberly in Charley's Aunt and as assistant stage=20
manager for Tartuffe. Percussionist will be Scott S.Sexton. His father, Scot=
=20
W. Sexton, who died last month in a kayaking accident, had been scheduled to=
=20
play as he had for It's a Grand Night For Singing and the Actors' Summit New=
=20
Year's Eve event. Stage Manager is A. Neil Thackaberry, artistic directorof=20
Actors' Summit Theater.=20

Performance Dates and Tickets
The All NightStrut! runs from April 10 through April 27, 2003, at 8 p.m.=20
Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $25 on=20
Fridays and Saturdays and $22 on Thursdays and Sundays. Students and Seniors=
=20
receive a $4 discount. Group discounts are available.

Web site=20
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org.=20
Actors' Summit is a professional, not for profit, 501-c-3 professional=20
artsorganization. We are seeking volunteers and board members. For more=20
details please call MaryJo or Neil at 330-342-0800.=20

Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland=20
Theaters.=20

Actors' Summit is working under a developmental agreement with Actors'=20
EquityAssociation (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers.)

--part1_32.3685e100.2bbb397b_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">For Immediate Release<BR>
For additional information contact: <BR>
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800<BR>
<BR>
Hudson, Ohio April 1, 2003 <BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=
 #ffffff" SIZE=3D4 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>Actors'=
 Summit Theater presents<BR>
The All Night Strut!<BR>
on its Hudson stage<BR>
April 10 through April 27 </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUN=
D-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></=
B><BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><BR>
<BR>
Actors' Summit announces the opening of <B><I>The All Night Strut!</B></I> a=
t its theater, 86 Owen Brown Street, one block north and two blocks west of=20=
the clocktower, in downtown Hudson. A preview performance on Thursday, April=
 10, will be followed by an 11-performance run, with a scheduled closing on=20=
Sunday, April 27.<BR>
<BR>
<B>The Revue</B><BR>
Sassy and sophisticated, The All Night Strut! features MaryJo Alexander, Fra=
nk Jackman, Charles Martin Jr. and Anne Marie Pinto reminiscing about the Gr=
eat Depression, World War II and the postwar boom through such musical class=
ics as <U>In the Mood, Tuxedo Junction, As Time Goes By</U> and  <U>Fas=
cinating Rhythm</U>. The Toronto Globe and Mail has called the revue, which=20=
was conceived and originally directed and choreographed by Fran Charnas, "a=20=
musical melting pot of blues, swing, jazz, gospel and pop, that is heated to=
 the boiling point and then allowed to simmer."<BR>
<BR>
<B>The Cast <BR>
MaryJo Alexander</B> is Associate Artistic Directorof Actors' Summit. Her mo=
st recent stage appearance was at Actors' Summit in <B><I>A Grand Night For=20=
Singing</B></I>, the critically acclaimed show that opened this year's seaso=
n and was subsequently extended. Other performances at Actors' Summit includ=
ed leading roles in <B><I>Jacques Brel..., A Child's Christmas in Wales</B><=
/I>, and <B><I>The Gingerbread Lady</B></I>. She has also appeared in major=20=
roles at Weathervane, Stan Hywet, and Ensemble Theater. <BR>
 <BR>
<B>Frank Jackman</B> has appeared as Teddy Roosevelt in <B><I>Tintypes</B></=
I> at Cain Park, at the Carousel Dinner Theatre playing Christmas Morgan in=20=
<B><I>The Unsinkable Molly Brown</B></I>. His favorite roles include: John A=
dams in <B>1776</B>, Charlie Brown in <B><I>You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown=
</B></I>, and Spettigue in <B><I>Charley's Aunt.</B></I> <BR>
<BR>
<B>Charles Martin Jr.</B> is a theater major at Kent State University, havin=
g transferred from Fisk University. Charles was seen at Porthouse Theatre in=
 <B><I>=E2=80=A6Cuckoo's Nest</B></I>, and has extensive performance credits=
 at Fisk University. Charles is a graduate of the Cleveland School of the Ar=
ts.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Anne Marie Pinto</B> is making her first appearance at Actors' Summit. An=
ne Marie received her Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in acting from Kent Stat=
e University in May 2002 and has been seen in many Northeast Ohio theater pr=
oductions, including <B><I>Annie, Oliver!, Brigadoon, Chicago, Man of LaManc=
ha </B></I>and<B><I> Parade.</B></I><BR>
<BR>
<B>The Playwright</B><BR>
<B>Fran Charnas</B> is a professor of musical theater at The Boston Conserva=
tory. In addition to teaching and directing The BostonConservatory Summer In=
stitute in Musical Theater, Charnas directs at various commercial, regional=20=
and university theaters. She is also the co-author of the 1960s musical, She=
boppin', creator of the post-World War II musical, In the Groove and is prep=
aring a musical based on the life of Ethel Waters. <BR>
<BR>
<B>The Production Team</B><BR>
Musical Director <B>Marc Baker</B> is active in the Cleveland theater world,=
 most recently as keyboard player in <B><I>Smokey Joe's Cafe</B></I> at the=20=
Beck Center and as Musical Director for <B><I>Falsettos</B></I>, a fundraise=
r for the AIDS Taskforce. Playing bass will be <B>Tim Keo</B>, who returns f=
or his eighth Actors'Summit production, most recently as Fancourt Babberly i=
n <B><I>Charley's Aunt</B></I> and as assistant stage manager for <B><I>Tart=
uffe. </B></I>Percussionist will be <B>Scott S.Sexton</B>. His father, <B>Sc=
ot W. Sexton</B>, who died last month in a kayaking accident, had been sched=
uled to play as he had for <B><I>It's a Grand Night For Singing</B></I> and=20=
the Actors' Summit New Year's Eve event. Stage Manager is <B>A. Neil Thackab=
erry</B>, artistic directorof Actors' Summit Theater. <BR>
<BR>
<B>Performance Dates and Tickets</B><BR>
<B><I>The All NightStrut!</B></I> runs from April 10 through April 27, 2003,=
 at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $=
25 on Fridays and Saturdays and $22 on Thursdays and Sundays. Students and S=
eniors receive a $4 discount. Group discounts are available.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Web site </B><BR>
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org. Actor=
s' Summit is a professional, not for profit, 501-c-3 professional artsorgani=
zation. We are seeking volunteers and board members. For more details please=
 call MaryJo or Neil at 330-342-0800. <BR>
<BR>
Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland T=
heaters. <BR>
<BR>
Actors' Summit is working under a developmental agreement with Actors' Equit=
yAssociation (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers.)<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</P></P></FONT></HTML>

From: coeli ingold" <coeli at core.com (coeli ingold)
Date: Tue Apr  1 21:04:16 2003
Subject: [NEohioPAL]Artist Concert Series, Rocky River

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C2F857.C75561E0

The Artist Concert Series of Rocky River Presbyterian Church, 21750 =
Detroit Road, presents The Venner Ensemble in concert on Sunday, April =
6th at 4:00 p.m.  The chamber ensemble is under the leadership of =
Theodore Johnson, clarinet, who performed with The Cleveland Orchestra =
for thirty-six years before retiring and founding The Venner.  Other =
members are Diane Mather, recently retired celllist with The Cleveland =
Orchestra, and Eric Ziolek, pianist and Chair of the Cleveland State =
Univeristy Music Department. =20

The April 6th concert includes music by Brahms, Schubert, Spohr, and =
Zemlinsky.  Coeli Ingold, acclaimed soprano soloist, joins the ensemble =
in Schubert's well-known ode to spring, Der Hirt auf dem Felsen and in =
the exuberant coloratura aria Ich bin allein, from Ludwig Spohr's lost =
opera Faust. =20

Admission is free and open to the public, and free parking is available. =
 Call (440) 333-4888 for more information.

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C2F857.C75561E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>The Artist Concert Series of =
Rocky River=20
</STRONG>Presbyterian Church, 21750 Detroit Road, presents <EM>The =
Venner=20
Ensemble </EM>in concert on Sunday, April 6th at 4:00 p.m.  The =
chamber=20
ensemble is under the leadership of Theodore Johnson, clarinet, who =
performed=20
with The Cleveland Orchestra for thirty-six years before retiring =
and=20
founding <EM>The Venner</EM>.  Other members are Diane Mather, =
recently=20
retired celllist with The Cleveland Orchestra, and Eric Ziolek, pianist =
and=20
Chair of the Cleveland State Univeristy Music Department.  =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The April 6th concert includes =
music by=20
Brahms, Schubert, Spohr, and Zemlinsky.  Coeli Ingold, acclaimed =
soprano=20
soloist, joins the ensemble in Schubert's well-known ode to spring, =
<EM>Der Hirt=20
auf dem Felsen </EM>and in the exuberant coloratura aria <EM>Ich=20
bin allein</EM>, from Ludwig Spohr's lost opera =
<EM>Faust</EM>. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Admission is free and open to the =
public, and free=20
parking is available.  Call (440) 333-4888 for more=20
information.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C2F857.C75561E0--