[NEohioPAL]GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ST. MARK with Wayne Turney rescheduled at Actors' Summit

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 10:40:34 PDT 2003

--part1_1d6.6ff2a59.2bc59176_boundary

For Immediate Release
For additional information contact:=20
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800

Hudson, Ohio April 9, 2003=20

Wayne Turney's The Gospel According to Mark=20
returns to Actors' Summit April 27=20

Actors' Summit will present Emmy Award-winning actor Wayne S. Turney in his=20
solo performance of The Gospel According to St. Mark at 7 p.m. Sunday, April=
=20
27, at the theater in Hudson. The show was originally scheduled for April 13=
.=20
All tickets are $25. Group discounts are available. Discount passes and Good=
=20
Time Any Time Coupons are not accepted for this engagement.

Turney has presented this unique blend of drama and storytelling at churches=
=20
and theaters across America for more than 13 years, including a run at=20
Actors' Summit last year. He calls his performance an opportunity to "combin=
e=20
my profession with a profession of faith."

It took him more than two months to memorize the entire King James Version=20=
=E2=80=94=20
16 chapters =E2=80=94 of the Apostle Mark's book about the life of Christ.

"The surprising thing is that the gospel is not only dramatic and a=20
fascinating story, but that it includes a great deal of humor," Turney says.=
=20
"I want the audience to know that it's not only OK, but desirable to laugh=20=
=E2=80=94=20
copiously."

The solo performance is staged by the Rev. Harper Jane McAdoo, rector of St.=
=20
Andrew Church in Mentor, who was a well-known Cleveland actress and director=
=20
before becoming an Episcopal Priest. She also is married to Turney.

Turney was inspired to mount the show after being "dazzled, moved and=20
enlightened" by British actor Alec McCowen's performance of the gospel more=20
than 20 years ago.=20

"Too often we read the Bible in short spurts and we miss the story, the=20
context. In delving for pearls of wisdom, we miss the boat," Turney said. "A=
=20
great deal can be learned by hearing the whole story in one sitting and=20
seeing the sweep of Jesus =E2=80=94 baptism, ministry, crucifixion and resur=
rection."

Turney's vast credits include 13 years with the Cleveland Play House residen=
t=20
company, productions of the Cleveland Orchestra, Cleveland Opera, Cleveland=20
Institute of Music, and The Great Lakes Theatre Festival. He won an Emmy for=
=20
his role on the acclaimed children's television program Hickory Hideout,=20
which was seen on Saturdays in Cleveland and other cities. He is a former=20
member of Cleveland State University's theater faculty.

Turney helped open the Actors' Summit season by performing in A Great Night=20
for Singing, and wrote the translation for the recent production Moliere's=20
Tartuffe. Other Actors' Summit credits include his performance as Teiresias=20
in Oedipus Rex (which he also translated); Michael in I Do, I Do; and Sir in=
=20
The Roar of the Greasepaint, The Smell of the Crowd. Wayne also serves on th=
e=20
board of trustees of Actors' Summit.=20

Web site=20
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org. For=20
more details please call MaryJo or Neil at 330-342-0800.=20

Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland=20
Theaters.=20

Actors' Summit is working under a Small Professional Theater Contract, a=20
developmental agreement with Actors' Equity Association (the Union of=20
professional Actors and Stage managers.)

--part1_1d6.6ff2a59.2bc59176_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">For Immediate Release<BR>
For additional information contact: <BR>
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800<BR>
<BR>
Hudson, Ohio April 9, 2003 <BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=
 #ffffff" SIZE=3D4 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>Wayne T=
urney's The Gospel According to Mark <BR>
returns to Actors' Summit April 27 </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"=
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0"></B><BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><BR>
Actors' Summit will present Emmy Award-winning actor Wayne S. Turney in his=20=
solo performance of The Gospel According to St. Mark at 7 p.m. Sunday, April=
 27, at the theater in Hudson. The show was originally scheduled for April 1=
3. All tickets are $25. Group discounts are available. Discount passes and G=
ood Time Any Time Coupons are not accepted for this engagement.<BR>
<BR>
Turney has presented this unique blend of drama and storytelling at churches=
 and theaters across America for more than 13 years, including a run at Acto=
rs' Summit last year. He calls his performance an opportunity to "combine my=
 profession with a profession of faith."<BR>
<BR>
It took him more than two months to memorize the entire King James Version=20=
=E2=80=94 16 chapters =E2=80=94 of the Apostle Mark's book about the life of=
 Christ.<BR>
<BR>
"The surprising thing is that the gospel is not only dramatic and a fascinat=
ing story, but that it includes a great deal of humor," Turney says. "I want=
 the audience to know that it's not only OK, but desirable to laugh =E2=80=
=94 copiously."<BR>
<BR>
The solo performance is staged by the Rev. Harper Jane McAdoo, rector of St.=
 Andrew Church in Mentor, who was a well-known Cleveland actress and directo=
r before becoming an Episcopal Priest. She also is married to Turney.<BR>
<BR>
Turney was inspired to mount the show after being "dazzled, moved and enligh=
tened" by British actor Alec McCowen's performance of the gospel more than 2=
0 years ago. <BR>
<BR>
"Too often we read the Bible in short spurts and we miss the story, the cont=
ext. In delving for pearls of wisdom, we miss the boat," Turney said. "A gre=
at deal can be learned by hearing the whole story in one sitting and seeing=20=
the sweep of Jesus =E2=80=94 baptism, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection=
."<BR>
<BR>
Turney's vast credits include 13 years with the Cleveland Play House residen=
t company, productions of the Cleveland Orchestra, Cleveland Opera, Clevelan=
d Institute of Music, and The Great Lakes Theatre Festival. He won an Emmy f=
or his role on the acclaimed children's television program Hickory Hideout,=20=
which was seen on Saturdays in Cleveland and other cities. He is a former me=
mber of Cleveland State University's theater faculty.<BR>
<BR>
Turney helped open the Actors' Summit season by performing in A Great Night=20=
for Singing, and wrote the translation for the recent production Moliere's T=
artuffe. Other Actors' Summit credits include his performance as Teiresias i=
n Oedipus Rex (which he also translated); Michael in I Do, I Do; and Sir in=20=
The Roar of the Greasepaint, The Smell of the Crowd. Wayne also serves on th=
e board of trustees of Actors' Summit. <BR>
<BR>
Web site <BR>
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org. For m=
ore details please call MaryJo or Neil at 330-342-0800. <BR>
<BR>
Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland T=
heaters. <BR>
<BR>
Actors' Summit is working under a Small Professional Theater Contract, a dev=
elopmental agreement with Actors' Equity Association (the Union of professio=
nal Actors and Stage managers.)<BR>
</P></P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_1d6.6ff2a59.2bc59176_boundary--